Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

380 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Visual Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Fairfax, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

It was with the district manager who was very friendly, knowledgeable to his team and had a drive to get great work done. We had the interview in a coffee shop in Woodstock for a location in Northern Virginia.

Interview Questions

• They asked about various things relating to team development, store kpi's, time management skills, attitudes, ambitions and EQ.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Spokane, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

it was a group interview and was not told you pick and outfit and explain why then tell other people why you didn't like there outfits then why you liked them and how to sell each one

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I went through three interviews - two store managers and a regional manger. The interview with the regional manager was by far the most intensive, lasting two hours and including a walk through of a competitors store.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

In store interview with assistant or manager then you will come in for a
    One on one interview with manager! If the manager is impressed then you will have a
    One on one interview with district manager.
    The process took about a month if that!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know you Aero history and just relax! I thought my interview with my DM was a lot more relaxing than with the store manager!

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

Interview

I put my best foot forward and went there letting them know who i am and what i have done. I remained humble and grateful for the opportunity. I made sure ibasked questions i would be unsure of and pressed on topics that seemed beneficial for the role.

Interview Questions

• There wasbno question asked that was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth...pleased and satisfaction

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

I dropped off an application and got a call about two weeks later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Manchester, NH) in June 2010.

Interview

When I went in for my interview I was early and the manager was busy. I asked for her and another girl did too and apparently she accidentally schedule us both for the same interview so the manager took us both in and it didn't seem to bother her.

I was friendly and outgoing but having had only one job the manager seemed to completely overlook me from the very start. She asked the other girl all about her work experience and I couldn't really do anything while the two of them spoke. When she asked about mine I explained I had been a sales associate before. Once I told her she went back to the other girl and asked her about her schedule and a bunch of other questions that weren't directed at me. In my opinion, she wasn't very professional. The other girl even asked the dress code for the job and the manager used me as an example of what to wear while working (I wore a dress, cropped sweater and nice shoes).

The manager also told us the hours fluctuated a lot during the week. She told us she would get back to us if we got the job. I asked her if I should call inquiring about it and she just laughed and said not to. She also told me I should consider myself lucky for even getting an interview with them.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (San Diego, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I had a great conversation with the Store Manager of the Plaza Bonita Store. I was then passed on to the DM of the San Diego District and that interview went well, we had a nice conversation. I was then passed on to phone interview with the Regional Manager, she was a princess and couldn't get past the fact that I had to make some decisions from a Store Manager role into an Assistant Manager role due to relocating. She didn't understand why I had took an Assistant Manager job, hello, I needed a job!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer?   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2010.

Interview

For my interview I sat down with the DM. We talked about the position, my job history, and my leadership style. We talked for almost 2 hours. She was really excited about the possibilities that Aero provides. She didn't ask questions from a script so it felt more like a dialogue.
    2 weeks after my interview with the DM I sat down with the Store Manager. She asked scripted questions about how I would deal with specific situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with unmotivated employees, such as part-time high school or college student?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because they actually offered me a different job than what I interviewed for and at a lower salary. It was an awesome opportunity but those two things made it so the job would not have jived with my family situation.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview went very smooth. The questions asked were very basic sales associate questions and questions about what my overall interest in the store was and what type of growth opportunities there was.