Aéropostale Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Savannah, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Went in and asked for an application, filled it out, had reference from a worker. Interview was easy. Just asked basic questions and then the manager basically told me how the store worked and what was expected of me, as well as that I had to come in to take a few quizzes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation, but was told I can get a raise as I continue my career

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Columbus, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

1) Ask for application at desk.
    2) Fill out said application.
    3) Return completed application.
    4) "We have a group interview session scheduled for __________ at ________pm. Do you think you could attend?" --Employee/Hiring Manager asked
    5) Respond yes or no. If you cannot, fingers crossed you get another opportunity, or rearrange your schedule to fit the interview.
    6) Attend interview. Three or four people show up, and you answer a couple of hypothetical questions and questions about work ethic. Answer to impress but be truthful.
    7)Interview ends. Shake hands with the hiring manager.
    8) The hiring manager takes a group picture of the potential employees to send to the district manager to ensure that these are the types of people the company wants as representatives.
    9) Call back. The hiring manager gives you a call and tells you that you've gotten the job. He tells you the orientation date and time.
    10) Orientation: Fill out paperwork packet and review dress code and behavior policy
    11) Holiday Meeting: Watch a video about what to expect as daily tasks.
    12) Receive Dayforce information (to check your working schedule)
    13) Arrive when you are scheduled.

Interview Questions

• "What would you say or do if one of your friends came into the store and wanted to use your employee discount?"   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)) in November 2009.

Interview

I applied during a job fair before the store was open. They had a quick back and forth there, which I didn't know was an interview. But I got called back for a second interview with the store manager and a store manager from another Aeropostale. After a half-an-hour interview, with situational and general questions, I was hired!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Novi, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied in the store and I automatically got to sign up for a "group interview" without bias. I showed up a good 15 minutes early, most of the group showed up on time and a few were late. Sadly the lady who was interviewing us was late as well so my earliness and the group's lateness went unnoticed. Because this was a mall, we went to a lounging area and split off into two smaller groups. We were all asked a series of simple questions. Finally, we had to say something like "Hi, Welcome to Aeropostale!" I never got a call back, I bet they hired the chick that showed up 5 minutes late. /life

Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Gulfport, MS) in November 2009.

Interview

The store manager that interviewed me wasn't very focused on me, her questions, and my answers due to the fact that she was the only manager on duty. She often walked away with no warning to tend to employee's and customer's problems. I could tell that this was a very stressful job from this interview (because it was in store). I could also tell that this manager didn't deal with the stress very well.

Interview Questions

• How long would it take you to get here from school/home?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Group interview, had to answer questions simultaneously with other people applying. Was done in store and with the head manager of the store. The interview took about thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Make an outfit in the store, they want to get your personal style.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 5-8 other people. When I walked in and submitted my job application I was asked a few questions on the spot and signed up for a group interview right then. The questions were pretty basic interview questions. It was for a seasonal position but they kept me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Mays Landing, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Simple questions to see your ease of talking and personality. However, there was a unique and challenging part testing your fashion sense. I had to pick out outfits for scenarios given to me by my interviewer.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2015.

Interview

I handed in my resume in person then got a call a few days later for an interview. It ended up being a group interview with two other girls who I got along well with, and we sat down in the mall. The interview itself was easy, relaxed, and I felt really comfortable. The manager was nice and also very young. When it was over she hired all three of us on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a lucky experience where I walked in the day before their scheduled orientation and got invited on the spot. So no real interview for me. However, now that I've been working with them a bit and nearing the point of management here's some tips to the system.

One: Dress like the mannequins. Look at the styling for that season and dress accordingly. Don't worry about your looks, this isn't a modeling agency but come looking as if you have an idea about what fashion is and are attempting to represent the brand as if you worked there.

Two: Smile, be happy and energetic, and also engage the manager on staff. Ask them how they're doing, make brief chit chat about anything and then get to your point. This shows us that you know how to engage people and break that gap between you and the costumer.

Three: Always come back two to three days after the submission of your application to give the manager two letters of recommendation. This tells the managers you're dedicated and check up on prior engagements. This also bumps your application back to the top of the stack.

If you focus on these three things you will be seen as a prime candidate. So good luck! :)

Notes:
        In response to some of the other interview experiences, stores like the Florida Mall location only hire individuals for one day shifts. As it is a higher volume store and they experience high traffic, they never keep associates scheduled for more than one day as they consider it to be to taxing other wise. Which it is. Managers are the only except and barely that. If you're looking for more regular hours consult the smaller stores. However if you do get into the Florida Mall location, it is a great place to receive training and good costumer one on one experience which you can use to transfer to a smaller store.
        As for management, I haven't experience any issues. I am friends with my district manager, I became good friends with my previous store manager, and I will make friends with my soon to be new manager. For those having complications with theirs or might have future complications. All I can say to you is focus on improving your skill set, that is what will allow you to navigate between store environments. If you find issues in one, and your skill set is malleable transferring is not out of the question.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you handle a possible shop lifter?   1 Answer
    • Q: How do you respond to team based challenges and scenarios?   1 Answer