Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very informal, manager was very friendly and easy to get along with. Basically asked me a couple questions while looking at my application. She saw that I had previous retail experience so she didn't have many more questions for me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY).

Interview

I received an email from HR to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was easy, and they asked basic questions. The man was very friendly and told me a lot about the positions open and the company. They told me they will get back to me after reviewing the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Asked opinion about brand, and to talk about my experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Champaign, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in person on Monday and received a call that night to come in for a group interview on Thursday. The group was me and two other girls in the rear sales section of the store. The GM asked basic questions like "what was your most memorable vacation" and "what's something no one knows about you" in addition to style based questions - "how do you keep up on trends," "who is your style icon," and "what's your personal style." Be prepared for some questions about service, too (eg. "how do you greet customers?"). They want creative answers. Greet a customer by saying "I love that top. I have a great pair of pants that would go with it," or something like that. Be innovative.
    They had us all pick out an outfit for a specific event. I had menswear - guy on a first date. They then asked us how we could add $10 to the sale - layers and accessories of course (add-ons)!
    She informed us that she would call by the end of the day if she wanted to offer a position.
    The worst part of the company is the hours. They generally only give 4-10 hours per week to entry level associates.

Interview Questions

• What blogs do you follow online (fashion or otherwise)?   Answer Question
    • How can you add $10 to a sale?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I went through three interviews - two store managers and a regional manger. The interview with the regional manager was by far the most intensive, lasting two hours and including a walk through of a competitors store.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Bloomington, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Typical process. I only had one interview with the DM. It was relaxed and I felt very comfortable to speak freely with them. After waiting only a few days I got a call with the job offer. However, it was not made clear to me the debt crisis that this company is sustaining at the time of my interview. (My fault for not doing more thorough research)

Interview Questions

• How to you respond to conflict? What does that look like?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were responsible for store results. How did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

A group interview that asks basic personal/behavior questions, as well as how you would react in specific customer scenarios. It is helpful if you communicate a personal interest in fashion, as well as a friendly and bubbly personality which responds well to customer service demands.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics would your friends describe you as?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Sunrise, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I went in the store got a application and was told to come in the next day. The interview process was only five mutes long and it was ok I guess. They said that if I don't get a call back three days later it means I did not get the the job> Unfortunately they did not call so I didn't get the job, but they said I can reapply in 60 days

Assistant Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

applied via linkedin, got a phone call a few hours later. we scheduled a phone interview for about one week later. after about five minutes on the phone, the interviewer asked if she could call me back, something came up.. okay. she called me back and apologized. I sent over some digital files of my work that evening and the next morning we scheduled an in-person interview. I met with two women for about 45 minutes. that evening I received an email asking if I was able to have a phone conversation after the weekend, and accepted. the day of the phone conversation, no one reached out to me so I called them and left a message, never received a call from them and saw the job reposted on linkedin a few days after.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at aero? do you work out? why did you leave your last job? what do you think of our products? how would you describe our products and customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to get a application, and got called the next day. I went into the interview with 10 other people, they were really sweet and just laid back. They want someone who is outgoing and can make you feel welcomed. So, show them that you're funny and great with people. Because, that's what their team is all about. Be yourself and don't worry! They're just having fun, and they're looking for someone who would be comfortable around customers and their staff. They will pick out random people in your group to pick an outfit and put it together and try to sell it to them, don't worry. Just pick out something adorable that you'd wear, I was in there for about a hour an a half. They had 11 people and only hiring 1, they said they'd call and let whoever know they got the job. The second I walked out of my interview and drove home (which is about 30 minutes) I was being called in and they planned me to get trained on a Thursday. Just be yourself and you'll do great! :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None negotiable. I got the salary I wanted, and my job positions!

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Odessa, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

For management, there will be an interview first with the store manager, first on the phone more than likely. Then a second in store interview will occur with the store manager, mostly asking about experience, nothing too difficult. Then you will have to have a phone interview with the district manager. There still won't be many difficult questions asked, mostly just about experience again. It's not a very detail oriented process.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome some kind of adversity in a previous job?   1 Answer