Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I left an application during a career fair. Was called back 1 or 2 weeks after for an interview. It was a group interview with two other people and the manager. We were asked some basic questions and then asked to put an outfit together for the customer

Interview Questions

• We were asked to put together an outfit. How would you add on items to a purchase?   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (South River, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the hr person asked me to describe how my experience relates to the job in an email. I had an in person interview a couple of weeks later. The facility wasn't nice looking. It's at a factory off of Rt. 18. I was scheduled to meet with the distribution director and the transportation manager. The meeting with the distribution director was casual. He didn't ask difficult questions, and he did most of the talking. He gave me a tour of the the warehouse. Then he had me meet with a team member, and she was asking me difficult questions. I thought it was weird that she was asking me difficult questions instead of the director. I was supposed to meet with the transportation manager, but the team member came back in and said he was in a meeting, but I didn't believe her. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you've done something wrong at work and how you went about fixing it.
      Will you be comfortable speaking with vendors and shippers on the phone?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

I went in to the store and asked the manager if they were hiring. I filled out an application and submitted that same day. I got a call back within a couple days asking to come in for a group interview. All four of us in the interview got hired and were told that same day. We had to fill out all necessary paperwork and they had to complete our background checks and we started working within a week.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Tampa, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Open-ended questions that really didn't have one right answer, they were just looking to see if you had the right mindset to work with high traffic of customers. You HAVE to be a people-person and willing to start random conversations with strangers who come in store and be outgoing and be able to easily identify clothing that they are either looking for or suggest a piece to them.

Interview Questions

• What adjective would your friends say best describes you?   1 Answer
    • Can you sell to me the current outfit you're wearing?   1 Answer
    • What is something that would draw you into a store when walking around the mall?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Christiana, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Christiana, DE) in August 2013.

Interview

group interview. very casual and easy going. the managers were really nice and they took time to get to know everyone who was a part of the group interview. I was happy with how the interview went and I would recommend other people looking for a part time job to apply here. overall a good experience.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Pensacola, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Professional, respectful interview process. Managers were prepared and asked insightful questions. I enjoyed the experience. Interview started on time. Called me back with 4 days of my initial interview.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Walked in the store, and talked to a manager about employment opportunities. Was told to come back the next day with application and resume. Returned the next day, got a call the next day for a group interview. Roughly about 8 other people in interview. Took about 30 minutes, got called back after 10 minutes of leaving the store.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Champaign, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in person on Monday and received a call that night to come in for a group interview on Thursday. The group was me and two other girls in the rear sales section of the store. The GM asked basic questions like "what was your most memorable vacation" and "what's something no one knows about you" in addition to style based questions - "how do you keep up on trends," "who is your style icon," and "what's your personal style." Be prepared for some questions about service, too (eg. "how do you greet customers?"). They want creative answers. Greet a customer by saying "I love that top. I have a great pair of pants that would go with it," or something like that. Be innovative.
    They had us all pick out an outfit for a specific event. I had menswear - guy on a first date. They then asked us how we could add $10 to the sale - layers and accessories of course (add-ons)!
    She informed us that she would call by the end of the day if she wanted to offer a position.
    The worst part of the company is the hours. They generally only give 4-10 hours per week to entry level associates.

Interview Questions

• What blogs do you follow online (fashion or otherwise)?   Answer Question
    • How can you add $10 to a sale?   1 Answer

Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick interview with hr and then move on to hiring manager.

Fairly quick process. I think they either like you or don't. Not a lot of digging into my background or how I would affect the business

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were about five of us. It took about 30 minutes to complete. During the interview the manager asked us scenario questions in which we all answered one by one.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you ?
      Do you, yourself shop at Aeropostale?
      How would you deal with an angry customer?
      Answer Question