Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Greenville, SC).

Interview

I went in and got an application she gave me an interview that Thursday at 4 , I went in and it was going to be a group interview but the guy didn't show, and we were just in front of the store she was so sweet and said I'll let you know between Monday -Wednesday and then called me Friday offered me the job and I accepted

Interview Questions

• typical questions like , your strengths, most memorable vacation, what makes shopping fun, what makes you walk into a store, how to handle a customer, why aero, why retail   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Moreno Valley, CA).

Interview

The interview process was a group interview with at least 5 people we all have to answer specific questions, we have to show them we all knew how to say are pitch, we also have to show them that we all can pick on fast, and just be yourself and be comfortable with helping customers walk out of here with a great retail experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

It was a group interview with 8 other potential new highers and they just told us about the company and asked typical "tell me about a time..." questions where we had to raise our hand and give our response. You didn't have to answer every question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a team to solve a problem and what was the result?   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was approached by a store manager on LinkedIn. He was looking for new managers within the Atlanta districts. I met with him for coffe and we discussed a few things about the company (KPI's, etc.) He asked about my own personal style. He then passed me on to his dostrict manager. I had a phone interview with the DM (which was super easy and awesome). He asked me which stores I would be interested in, I told him and he set up a time for me to meet with the store manager at my first choice store. The SM had me fill out some paperwork (application, background check, etc.) and that was about it!

Interview Questions

• You're not shy, are you?   1 Answer
    • Are you operational or visual?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Sterling, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I came into the store to ask for an application. Manager was very welcoming and friendly. She asked me to come for an interview after I gave back the application. Interview was just a brief walkthrough of the store, work schedule, and rules/guidelines. (No specific questions)

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from the video? (The manager showed me a 15 minute video about Aero)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just go in with a positive attitude because you're most likely to get the job working at Aero :)

Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Joplin, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

The manager held a group interview with around 7 people and ultimately hired 6 out of 7. It took some longer to be hired than others but Aero is always hiring in waves because of a high turn-over rate. It took a while to get called back to be hired. The other sales associates were helpful and encouraging in the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Show me how you might approach a customer.   1 Answer

Assistant Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY).

Interview

First I came in and met with HR and it was a quick, 30 minute interview. About a week later, the HR girl called me and I had an interview with the team of which I would be working with. That interview lasted a bit longer (about an hour and a half) because I met with everyone on the team (3 people). About a week later I got a call that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Aeropostale? Whats your favorite project you've worked on? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Arcadia, CA).

Interview

I walked in and asked and was immediately given paperwork to fill out. I was excited because I needed the job but I should have been suspicious due to the fact that I was given the job because I was available Black Friday. I was not asked if I was familiar with the clothes; but after I filled out the paperwork the manager introduced me to staff members.

Interview Questions

• What times are you available? Are you a student currently?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Good interview pretty easy asked basic questions. Just smile and relax and you'll be fine. they also asked for me to build an outfit for a certain occasion. Most of the questions, since it was in a group interview, were just about fashion and we each went around answering. Simple.

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Rockaway, NJ).

Interview

Group interview with about 6 other people. They called back the next day to offer me a job, my friend got called back a week later. Very relaxed, told to wear what you would wear at the store to the interview. Impressed if you asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how you would handle certain shopping situations   Answer Question