Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very informal, manager was very friendly and easy to get along with. Basically asked me a couple questions while looking at my application. She saw that I had previous retail experience so she didn't have many more questions for me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY).

Interview

I received an email from HR to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was easy, and they asked basic questions. The man was very friendly and told me a lot about the positions open and the company. They told me they will get back to me after reviewing the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Asked opinion about brand, and to talk about my experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Champaign, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in person on Monday and received a call that night to come in for a group interview on Thursday. The group was me and two other girls in the rear sales section of the store. The GM asked basic questions like "what was your most memorable vacation" and "what's something no one knows about you" in addition to style based questions - "how do you keep up on trends," "who is your style icon," and "what's your personal style." Be prepared for some questions about service, too (eg. "how do you greet customers?"). They want creative answers. Greet a customer by saying "I love that top. I have a great pair of pants that would go with it," or something like that. Be innovative.
    They had us all pick out an outfit for a specific event. I had menswear - guy on a first date. They then asked us how we could add $10 to the sale - layers and accessories of course (add-ons)!
    She informed us that she would call by the end of the day if she wanted to offer a position.
    The worst part of the company is the hours. They generally only give 4-10 hours per week to entry level associates.

Interview Questions

• What blogs do you follow online (fashion or otherwise)?   Answer Question
    • How can you add $10 to a sale?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I went through three interviews - two store managers and a regional manger. The interview with the regional manager was by far the most intensive, lasting two hours and including a walk through of a competitors store.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Bloomington, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Typical process. I only had one interview with the DM. It was relaxed and I felt very comfortable to speak freely with them. After waiting only a few days I got a call with the job offer. However, it was not made clear to me the debt crisis that this company is sustaining at the time of my interview. (My fault for not doing more thorough research)

Interview Questions

• How to you respond to conflict? What does that look like?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were responsible for store results. How did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aéropostale (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a short interview. I was asked about my experience with the company and how I thought I could be an effective leader. It was straight-forward and simple. The manager was excited to have a person with history in the company applying to become the Sales Manager.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can be an effective leader as a Sales Manager?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

A group interview that asks basic personal/behavior questions, as well as how you would react in specific customer scenarios. It is helpful if you communicate a personal interest in fashion, as well as a friendly and bubbly personality which responds well to customer service demands.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics would your friends describe you as?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Sunrise, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I went in the store got a application and was told to come in the next day. The interview process was only five mutes long and it was ok I guess. They said that if I don't get a call back three days later it means I did not get the the job> Unfortunately they did not call so I didn't get the job, but they said I can reapply in 60 days

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New Orleans, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was very fast and smooth. I met with the store manager and she asked me questions and had me put together outfits. I also met with her first assistant manager. The staff was really nice.

Assistant Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

applied via linkedin, got a phone call a few hours later. we scheduled a phone interview for about one week later. after about five minutes on the phone, the interviewer asked if she could call me back, something came up.. okay. she called me back and apologized. I sent over some digital files of my work that evening and the next morning we scheduled an in-person interview. I met with two women for about 45 minutes. that evening I received an email asking if I was able to have a phone conversation after the weekend, and accepted. the day of the phone conversation, no one reached out to me so I called them and left a message, never received a call from them and saw the job reposted on linkedin a few days after.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at aero? do you work out? why did you leave your last job? what do you think of our products? how would you describe our products and customer?   Answer Question