Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Champaign, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in person on Monday and received a call that night to come in for a group interview on Thursday. The group was me and two other girls in the rear sales section of the store. The GM asked basic questions like "what was your most memorable vacation" and "what's something no one knows about you" in addition to style based questions - "how do you keep up on trends," "who is your style icon," and "what's your personal style." Be prepared for some questions about service, too (eg. "how do you greet customers?"). They want creative answers. Greet a customer by saying "I love that top. I have a great pair of pants that would go with it," or something like that. Be innovative.
    They had us all pick out an outfit for a specific event. I had menswear - guy on a first date. They then asked us how we could add $10 to the sale - layers and accessories of course (add-ons)!
    She informed us that she would call by the end of the day if she wanted to offer a position.
    The worst part of the company is the hours. They generally only give 4-10 hours per week to entry level associates.

Interview Questions

• What blogs do you follow online (fashion or otherwise)?   Answer Question
    • How can you add $10 to a sale?   1 Answer

Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick interview with hr and then move on to hiring manager.

Fairly quick process. I think they either like you or don't. Not a lot of digging into my background or how I would affect the business

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were about five of us. It took about 30 minutes to complete. During the interview the manager asked us scenario questions in which we all answered one by one.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you ?
      Do you, yourself shop at Aeropostale?
      How would you deal with an angry customer?
      Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

Interview

Great conversation with the DM. Kind and willing to help grow you as part of the team. Talked one on one first then took me inside a store to meet a store manager and employees and onlook to what they were doing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think you are? Know everything ---- know most things----room to grow.   Answer Question

Color and Concepts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2015.

Interview

I received the phone call from Aero while in class, so I returned it about 40 minutes later. I assumed they were only calling to schedule an interview since I wasn't located more than 3 hours away, but instead I was asked to interview on the spot over the phone and I agreed. My recruiter was incredibly nice and very easy to talk to, even though I was taken by surprise.

Role Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Honolulu, HI) in February 2014.

Interview

I went into the store about a week before my interview and requested an application. I returned the application 30 minutes later on the same day that I requested it and the manager really liked that and chatted with me for about 16 minutes after I turned it in. I came back for the interview the following week and I was about 20 minutes early so I wandered around the store until I was greeted by the same manager as before, who remembered my name.
    The manager took us to the back of the store and asked us the interview questions. Later she took us out into the store and had us fold merchandise and attempt to sell her an item and then put together an outfit. The whole process took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had to work in a team?
      Where do you shop? Whats your style?
      What does it mean to be a role model?
      Answer Question

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Fairly mild, I got to speak with two people in one day. I felt intimidated because manager kept expressing the job wasn't for everyone and how hard it is to juggle multiple catergories. While I was confident I could have done the job well it made me not want to go further.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

I came in the store and got an application, I handed in the next day got a call, came in for an interview the same week and then it took a month to negotiate out a deal for pay. easy process nothing to crazy I denied the first offer the asked me what Would it take and I told them a number the gave me just a little more then what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself at in 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called me and offered me the job and told me they wanted to pay me 12 dollars an hour, I had declined and they asked me what would be a good enough pay for me. I told them 14, they gave me a call back in the next 5 mins. and offered 14.50

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Albany, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

First there was a group interview with a few candidates, then there was a quick one on one interview with the manager of the store. This process took a few days.

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Allentown, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

Brief pre-screening in the store that tries to see if you match the style of the Aero brand. Then follows a group interview. It probably depends on the store you are applying to because it might be a one on one interview if the store is in a smaller market. After the group interview you are then possibly offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What's important to working with the team? Sometimes you must work late on weekends during the holidays, are you ok with that? If you see another employee doing something wrong, what do you do?   Answer Question