Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.0

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Knowing someone who works for this company is best. Interview set up was easy. Very casual and comfortable. We sat down and had a real conversation before initial interview which made it very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What struggles do you face as a manager and why? Where do you see yourself in ten years / in retail?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Got an application for a seasonal position and turned it in a few days after retrieving the application. I gave the application to the cashier and walked out then she called me back and did a quick interview on the spot. Then she told me to come back a few days later since there will be a group interview. She told me to dress in what I thought was Aeropostale style which was wearing articles of clothing from aeropostale.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I filled out an application and when I went to turn it in the sales associate asked if I'd like to speak to the assistant manager, so I did. He ended up just asking me some interview questions and then told me he'd pass my application to the manager. It was a couple weeks until I got a call about coming in for a group interview. It ended up just being another girl and I in the interview and about a week later I got the call that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had to step up and be a leader"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Maumee, OH).

Interview

I applied in person and a week later went back to check on my status. They wrote down my info and called me for an interview a couple days later. I went in same day as the call. They had me make two outfits (one for a guy and one for a girl) with a theme based on what I did over the weekend. We talked about the outfits and my outfit that I was actually wearing. I was asked a couple super easy questions. The manager introduced me to the other employees and we chatted for bit. Afterwards she explained the store policies to me and showed me the back room and then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What have you noticed about Aeropostale that stands out from the other brands?   Answer Question
    • What do you think your duties would be here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

It's a very simple process for a sales associate you just fill out your application. Then they'll call you if you like think you fit the part. Make should you look well dressed they judge on appearance. Then you normally just interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Would you find yourself to be a people person?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Good interview pretty easy asked basic questions. Just smile and relax and you'll be fine. they also asked for me to build an outfit for a certain occasion. Most of the questions, since it was in a group interview, were just about fashion and we each went around answering. Simple.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Moreno Valley, CA).

Interview

The interview process was a group interview with at least 5 people we all have to answer specific questions, we have to show them we all knew how to say are pitch, we also have to show them that we all can pick on fast, and just be yourself and be comfortable with helping customers walk out of here with a great retail experience.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Group interview everyone was very rowdy and it was very competitive. They pick people based on how you dress, how you talk, and how you conduct yourself. You pick an outfit out at one point as well. It's a lot of work.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Honolulu, HI) in August 2015.

Interview

Came in to turn in my application and was told to come in the following week for a group interview. They screen you when you turn in your application so make sure you look presentable even if you're just turning it in and will only be there for a few minutes. The manager also asked a few basic questions when you first turn in your application so be ready for that.

Usually they interview in groups of 3 or 5, but when I applied I guess no one else applied so I interviewed one on one with the manager. Before the interview, you wait for the manager for a few minutes. I think they also observe you while you wait like your outfit and how you interact with other customers.

The manager was very friendly and approachable and asked basic sales associate questions like why you want to work for Aero, how you will handle certain types of situations (selling to a mom vs. selling to a teenager), explain your outfit (wear an outfit that matches their brand!), how your friends would describe you etc. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you? How would your teachers describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Sunrise, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I went in the store got a application and was told to come in the next day. The interview process was only five mutes long and it was ok I guess. They said that if I don't get a call back three days later it means I did not get the the job> Unfortunately they did not call so I didn't get the job, but they said I can reapply in 60 days