Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview and there was 2 people doing the interview. They asked questions and you had to stand out. They are very strict with the people that work there. You can't have any facial piercings or any noticeable tattoos.

Interview Questions

• Who's fashion sense do you admire?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tannersville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Tannersville, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a laid back interview. very informative about the company and expectations of the position. We sat outside which made for more of an relaxed interview. They started off with questions about me and my background and then went into a smooth transition of questions about the position I was applying for. Then wrapping up with expectations and benefits of company and leaving off if I had anything else I wanted to know. They also let me know I could reach out at anything if I had more questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experiences of being an assistant prior to applying. How to prioritize the work day with tasking and customers.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Applied in-person and got a call that night to schedule an interview. Came in for one interview and was hired on the spot. Came back for training and paperwork a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I brought in my application and two letters of recommendation and they told me to come back on Tuesday for an interview. I arrived around 15 minutes early and they didn't even remember I had an interview. They actually seemed disappointed that I was early. I had to wait 25 minutes for my interview because they didn't have enough people working there at the time and forgot I had one. They kept talking about me while I was waiting such as "I have to give this girl an interview and I can't until Danielle gets back". It was very unorganized. She finally took me into the back and asked me a few questions about my school and activities. She asked me if I had any questions (you should always have questions). She told me they would call me by Friday. They did not so I called on Monday and she said they are giving call backs by the end of this NEXT week or the week after that. I still did not get a call, so I called again the next Monday and they said that they are no longer hiring.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I'd applied via the company's website and received a call from HR within days.
    Went on two interviews. Met first with the Senior Manager followed by the VP in the same week. The first two times I had to canceled due to an emergency and was unable to make it, but nonetheless I still rescheduled and went on both interviews. I am very disappointed. I've been applying to AERO since 2008 and gone on numerous interviews. I know I've the experience and skills. Not clear why I would get called back for a second interview if the company if not interested. Won't be applying to this company again.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through what you do?
      How many emails do you receive daily?
      Please tell me about yourself and background?

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

My friend worked at Aero and she told me to come in and fill out an application. I went in and filled one out, and the Manager interviewed me on the spot. I got hired right then and there and started work the next week! This is not a normal process though, as most people go through group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Whats the most frustrating experience ive had at a store
      I had to put together an outfit i would wear

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Augusta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty simple, I arrived 20 minutes before my interview but the manager wasn't ready until the exact time, it was supposed to be a group interview but i t was just me and a girl, he asked about us, told us to put together a outfit, then act out a scenario. He called me back like 2 weeks later about being hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I brought my application into the store and one of the shift managers asked me a few questions there. I got a call to schedule and interview within three days. It was a group interview. The manager would ask us questions and if you wanted to answer you could. She had us all pick out certain types of outfits too.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you do to keep up with people around you?
      What do you do for fun?
      Are you a part of any groups?
      Do you have experience in customer service?

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Interview

First had an interview with a store manager specialist. She as one on one question and then we went on an interactive walk through the mall. After that I had an interview with the district manager which was about the same thing

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an employee who was out of dress code   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Akron, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Applicant fills out and turns in paper application for employment in person to an employee of the desired location. Interview process is carried out at a manager's discretion, ranging from one-to-one to group interviews. If offered, a date is set for a one day orientation before beginning employment.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name some celebrities/notable individuals whose personal style of clothing has inspired you.   1 Answer
    • Q: Within a three minute time frame, find and build the interviewer an outfit from the products exposed on the floor, and explain why you chose the items that you did.   1 Answer
    • Q: Why did you choose to apply to Aéropostale?   1 Answer