Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very informal, manager was very friendly and easy to get along with. Basically asked me a couple questions while looking at my application. She saw that I had previous retail experience so she didn't have many more questions for me.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview I had was very simple and quick and I was told to come in for orientation that Saturday. But persistence is key and make sure you speak to the manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2009.

Interview

Aeropostale sent me an e-mail informing me of their recruitment day in stores. I showed up and filled out an application and once I gave it to the manager, she gave me a date for an interview the week after. For the group interview, we congregated in the backroom where she asked us questions. Since none of us had any prior work experience, she skipped questions geared towards experience. It was only about 10 minutes long with 4 people. They gave us a call regardless if we got the job or not, and needless to say both my friend and I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had to work as a group to get something accomplished.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2009.

Interview

It was a walk-in application. On the spot I was told that the interview would be the following week. It was a group interview. Very low pay.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer
    • What was the most difficult thing you had to accomplish at work?   Answer Question

Pay was not up to par with my experience and education in the field.

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Elmhurst, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

I walked in, asked if they were hiring, I was asked my previous experience in which I only held one job before hand at the time, and then was told to fill out an application. Then the hiring manager told me to wait for a call back when the criminal background check was done, and I was hired. They only kept me for seasonal/temporary work and let me go.

In conclusion I was barley asked any 'getting to know you' questions, it was easy and to my knowledge they didn't even call references.

Interview Questions

• Nothing honestly. I was asked one question about my previous job, "oh so did it involve a lot of customer service?" and of course you say yes because that's what they need to hear. I was asked mostly questions about whether or not I would be ok working in a high pressure fast paced environment and working over-time well into the early hours of the night, not much about me or my past, just about what I'm capable of doing.   1 Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2009.

Interview

stupid. you sit down with a regional manager who sells you the job, then wants you to sell yourself. now that i look back nothing she really said happened. promised advancement didnt see that! dont even waste your time with this copycat company.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2008.

Interview

Had a one on one interview with the store manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me the payrate over the phone

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2010.

Interview

I went in to the store because my friend told me that Aero was hiring. I asked for the hiring manager and there were two in. I handed in my resume and spoke with the female managerl, she asked me the usual interview questions and I answered well. At the end of the 5 or so questions, she was like, "Okay, interview over! You're hired!" "Really?" "Yup! That's my form of interview!" I'll call you back at the end of this week and we can go through a training and all. Really sweet lady.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2010.

Interview

It was your standard group interview. Nothing to worry about at all. The questions are pretty much common sense so you should not have a problem.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview ( group size may vary) & we were all asked simple questions so that the managers could get to know us, then we were taken out onto the floors and given a display table to fix & make look good, then we had to put together an outfit, and after that we greeted customers as they walked in(one at a time). I was called back 1/2 an hour later, but I guess that time frame can vary depending on the situation.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this store?   1 Answer