Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview which made it very easy to talk to the group and hiring manager. The manager made sure we were comfortable throughout the interview by asking a silly question and telling us it was ok if we ever got nervous. most of the people that apply are getting a job for the first time.

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Rockaway, NJ).

Interview

Group interview with about 6 other people. They called back the next day to offer me a job, my friend got called back a week later. Very relaxed, told to wear what you would wear at the store to the interview. Impressed if you asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how you would handle certain shopping situations   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Good interview pretty easy asked basic questions. Just smile and relax and you'll be fine. they also asked for me to build an outfit for a certain occasion. Most of the questions, since it was in a group interview, were just about fashion and we each went around answering. Simple.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Honolulu, HI) in August 2015.

Interview

Came in to turn in my application and was told to come in the following week for a group interview. They screen you when you turn in your application so make sure you look presentable even if you're just turning it in and will only be there for a few minutes. The manager also asked a few basic questions when you first turn in your application so be ready for that.

Usually they interview in groups of 3 or 5, but when I applied I guess no one else applied so I interviewed one on one with the manager. Before the interview, you wait for the manager for a few minutes. I think they also observe you while you wait like your outfit and how you interact with other customers.

The manager was very friendly and approachable and asked basic sales associate questions like why you want to work for Aero, how you will handle certain types of situations (selling to a mom vs. selling to a teenager), explain your outfit (wear an outfit that matches their brand!), how your friends would describe you etc. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you? How would your teachers describe you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Simple questions, met with HR, Merchant and VP. Applied online, came into the office and met with everyone in one day. Got the offer the following day, worked through salary and accepted. Started two weeks after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Well it was easy, very very easy. Just apply, and then scheuel a group interview, then a few get picked from that. Then you come back fill out paper work and thats all.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Applied in-person and got a call that night to schedule an interview. Came in for one interview and was hired on the spot. Came back for training and paperwork a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied for a seasonal job. Walked in during a group interview and was told to fill out an application and to come back in two days for the next group interview. There were 10 people including me in the interview and 3 of us were picked, even though they said they'd choose 2 or none.

Interview Questions

• What intrigues you in to shop at a store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I brought in my application and two letters of recommendation and they told me to come back on Tuesday for an interview. I arrived around 15 minutes early and they didn't even remember I had an interview. They actually seemed disappointed that I was early. I had to wait 25 minutes for my interview because they didn't have enough people working there at the time and forgot I had one. They kept talking about me while I was waiting such as "I have to give this girl an interview and I can't until Danielle gets back". It was very unorganized. She finally took me into the back and asked me a few questions about my school and activities. She asked me if I had any questions (you should always have questions). She told me they would call me by Friday. They did not so I called on Monday and she said they are giving call backs by the end of this NEXT week or the week after that. I still did not get a call, so I called again the next Monday and they said that they are no longer hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Staten Island, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Handed in application in store, told to come in the next day. I was there with one other girl and we sat in the food court. Was not asked any relevant or typical questions besides if I was willing to be an Aero Ambassador.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to be an Aero Ambassador?   1 Answer