Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Vacaville, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was called to apply and then interviewed with SM. She passed me on to DM. Was supposed to interview on a Friday but they got the days mixed up so I waited a week after that. She liked me told me they would do a background check then I start. However a week later I receive a text from the SM saying im not a good fit now. Took a month.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Got called in for a group interview. I'M glad I didn't get accepted an offer because they expect you to be some fashionista. One part of the interview was to go pick out an outfit from the store that you'd wear to a BBQ and you have to explain why you'd wear it. Then, they asked you to try to sell them the outfit you are wearing by creating a sales pitch.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY).

Interview

Worked with internal hr recruiter. Found through LinkedIn. Spoke with many people from several different teams to see where I would be the best fit. Constantly followed up and and heard within 1.5 weeks of my initial interview. Process moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• Have you Been to the stores lately? what did you like?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Savannah, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Went in and asked for an application, filled it out, had reference from a worker. Interview was easy. Just asked basic questions and then the manager basically told me how the store worked and what was expected of me, as well as that I had to come in to take a few quizzes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation, but was told I can get a raise as I continue my career

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2014.

Interview

I was promoted internally to Store Manager (started as a sales associate and worked my way up, company is committed to promoting from within). When moving into management it was required to interview with the district and regional manager. Promotion to store manager requires interview with an additional district manager, and another interview with the regional manager. Discussion includes past performance, your interpretation of company strategy, best practices for management, and allows you to ask questions about the position and how to be successful.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to make Aero the place that the teen customer will want to shop?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Called by immediate supervisor (district manager) with job offer, and salary offer. I pushed back for more money, and the supervisor had to ask his boss for approval. Then I got a call back to say that my request had been approved, and I accepted the position.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Salinas, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Group Interviews as much as 6! It was friendly and open doesnt feel like a competition more like a friendly game to see what everyone needs to improve on for future interviews or if you score the job.

Interview Questions

• Sell an outfit for the opposite sex.   1 Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Katy, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

I started as a sales associate and my store manager noticed how well I was working and asked me if I was interested in a higher position. She set up my interview with the district manager. I had the interview with the district manager one week after my store manager mentioned the position to me. The interview considered of some questions regarding the position, such as responsibilities and description of the job. We walked around the mall to some of the competitors stores and reviewed their window marketing and discussed how effective it was. She told me that she would contact me later to let me know if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position? (duties)   1 Answer

Negotiation

The district manager contacted me through the phone and made the offer to me. I accepted and started training within a week.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

There are 2 interviews- one with the store manager and one with the district manager. Definitely wear walking shoes, as it is not your typical interview. You are asked to point out improvements to other stores display windows (they need to clean the windows, tuck the tags, they have a display light, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where the visual direction did not fit your store and you had to make changes.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you make a connection with your customers   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because it was already a significant raise from my job at the time.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

Interview

I went into the store (dressed business casual) and asked one of the assistant managers for a job application. I filled it out outside of the store and when I came back to give it to her, she asked me a couple questions about my style, what I think of Aeropostale, ect. She scheduled me for a group interview the following week. During the interview, I was with four other girls, the store manager asked us about our values, our previous customer service experiences, and what we would do in certain situations. Then we went back to the store and the manager tested us all on putting together an outfit, as well as interacting with customers in the store. I was called later that night and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What does "compassion, integrity, respect, and teamwork" mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, especially if you have minimal experience and/or have applied for a starter position. Take it or leave it.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Typical retail hiring. District manager was not very good. Regional manager was great. They expected me to know what was the trend in the fashion at that time. I was not into fashion so I couldn't tell them. They expected me to know what volume the store was making and I had no clue.

Interview Questions

• Asked about trends in Aeropostale sales and what I was going to do to help them succeed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered $29,000. I countered with $31,000. Settled on $30,000