Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Miami, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview sucked. They didn't give us a chance to introduce ourselves and display who we really are. They asked us retarded questions. Honestly, stores like this, Hollister, and Abercrombie only hire people if they have "the look" if you don't, then you're jjust wasting your time

Anonymous Employee in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Riverhead, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

It was early november and they needed people to hire for the holidays. A friend of mine was an employee there and told me to just walk in and they would hire me on the spot. They just talked to me about what to wear and what I would be doing. Gave me a handbook and I began working a few days later.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (San Antonio, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

I scheduled a phone interview with the district manager. It was fairly short and to the point. She explained how many hours I would get and things they would expect of me, and asked my availability. I heard back fairly soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a lot to do in little time, and what you did to accomplish everything   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more and they agreed.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Buford, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied in person. Called for a seasonal position to interview. Went to a group interview. A week later they called to offer me the job. Asked you to come the interview dressed "Aero cool" and everyone looked like a model and they all got the job except one person because she was a little heavier set.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would approach a mother and and example of how you would approach a teen to help.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

I first applied with Aeropostale back in the summer of 2008. The position was for Sales Associate. The interview was very informal, it basically consisted of me speaking to the store manager at the front of the store. He asked me simple questions such as, "Have you had a job before?" & "When could you start?" I knew someone who was currently working at the store and she had already talked to the store manager about me so that could be why it was so simple. I was given the job.

In May of 2011 I was asked if I was interested in stepping up in the Sales Lead role (which is management). My "interview" for that consisted of the District Manager coming to the store and talked to me about the position and such. I was offered the position and accepted. It was a temporary position while we had an Assistant Manager out on maternity leave. The position lasted four months and then I stepped back down to Sales Associate. In February of 2012, I was offered a permanent promotion back to Sales Lead. There was no interview considering that I had already been in the position before. I am currently still in the position.

The job market has limited my ability to find a job within my college degree so I have been fortunate to continue with Aeropostale. I am currently trying to work my way up to Assistant Manager which is a full time position.

Interview Questions

• Are you committed to Aeropostale's future?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate for either position. For Sales Associate, I was just glad to get a job so I readily accepted the salary which was minimum wage. For Sales Lead, again I accepted the offer as it was quite generous.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

Interview

I went in for an application and got an interview for later that day. The interview was very easy and laid back and they were mainly interested in who i was as a person and my personality. I was offered the job right after and thought it was the easiest interview of my life.

Greeter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I turned in my app. And the person who took it signed me up for a group interview the same day. Went and they had me pick out clothes that i think are aero work clothes. Then we worked in a Part of the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Interview

Pretty easy hiring process and fast. I walked into the store and asked for an application. They had me fill it out at the counter and then a manager looked it over. He gave me a little card that had my interview date on it. The interview was the next day. It was a group interview with 4 other people. We weren't asked many questions basically just common sense thing like how would you help a costumer in this situation or what would you do if someone wanted to use your employee discount. Everyone in the interview was hired and a couple days later we all came back for orientation. I got a phone call 5 hours after my interview saying I was hired so if they like you, it's a super quick process.
    Also make sure you WEAR AEROPOSTALE clothes to the interview. I wore a dress from there and the manager noticed instantly and complimented me on it. If you show that you can wear their clothes to work, they will be more impressed with you.

We were required to bring to forms of ID which we were told SEVERAL times throughout the interview. One girl showed up without two forms of ID and she was immediately dismissed. So make sure you bring your ids. The other three people that were hired with me must have worked one shift and quit because I never saw them again. For the first month or so your hours will SUCK and you willl be on fitting rooms the WHOLE TIME. But once they really start to like you, you get to do projects and work the register. Then the newest employee is stuck on fitting room duty. If you can survive the month of fitting rooms, it's not a bad job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were really easy. Just make sure you speak up and get noticed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Tucson, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

Application in person. Called about 3 weeks later for group interview. They ask a bunch of personality-type questions to everyone. There's no one-on-one time. Ask you to dress like how you would if you were to work there. Don't be shy and you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked to pick out an outfit from the store using 3 clothing items plus accessory.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimum wage. Not much to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Submitted application in-store and then about two weeks later got a call for a group interview. It was three of us including myself. Questions were really basic- why do you want to work for Aeropostale, how would you greet a customer, what is your favorite store besides Aeropostale, do you have previous retail experience, you saw a co-worker breaking store policy what would you do. Also questions about how would you prevent in-store theft. Overall pretty easy interview got called back later that day saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any really difficult question. Just be yourself and come prepared to answer retail related question.   Answer Question