Aéropostale Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

I went in to the store and asked the manager if they were hiring. I filled out an application and submitted that same day. I got a call back within a couple days asking to come in for a group interview. All four of us in the interview got hired and were told that same day. We had to fill out all necessary paperwork and they had to complete our background checks and we started working within a week.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

Easy and fun. District manager was cool and energetic. Described the job did some role playing. I was able to be myself and show off my skills. It was a great experience over all. This is a great company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY).

Interview

I received an email from HR to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was easy, and they asked basic questions. The man was very friendly and told me a lot about the positions open and the company. They told me they will get back to me after reviewing the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Asked opinion about brand, and to talk about my experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to get a application, and got called the next day. I went into the interview with 10 other people, they were really sweet and just laid back. They want someone who is outgoing and can make you feel welcomed. So, show them that you're funny and great with people. Because, that's what their team is all about. Be yourself and don't worry! They're just having fun, and they're looking for someone who would be comfortable around customers and their staff. They will pick out random people in your group to pick an outfit and put it together and try to sell it to them, don't worry. Just pick out something adorable that you'd wear, I was in there for about a hour an a half. They had 11 people and only hiring 1, they said they'd call and let whoever know they got the job. The second I walked out of my interview and drove home (which is about 30 minutes) I was being called in and they planned me to get trained on a Thursday. Just be yourself and you'll do great! :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None negotiable. I got the salary I wanted, and my job positions!

Assistant Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY).

Interview

First I came in and met with HR and it was a quick, 30 minute interview. About a week later, the HR girl called me and I had an interview with the team of which I would be working with. That interview lasted a bit longer (about an hour and a half) because I met with everyone on the team (3 people). About a week later I got a call that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Aeropostale? Whats your favorite project you've worked on? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Rockaway, NJ).

Interview

Group interview with about 6 other people. They called back the next day to offer me a job, my friend got called back a week later. Very relaxed, told to wear what you would wear at the store to the interview. Impressed if you asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how you would handle certain shopping situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Staten Island, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Handed in application in store, told to come in the next day. I was there with one other girl and we sat in the food court. Was not asked any relevant or typical questions besides if I was willing to be an Aero Ambassador.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to be an Aero Ambassador?   1 Answer

Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick interview with hr and then move on to hiring manager.

Fairly quick process. I think they either like you or don't. Not a lot of digging into my background or how I would affect the business

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very chill process. The assistant manager interviewed and just asked me basic questions like where I lived and what school I go to. The only interview question they really asked me was why I would like o work there.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I'd applied via the company's website and received a call from HR within days.
    Went on two interviews. Met first with the Senior Manager followed by the VP in the same week. The first two times I had to canceled due to an emergency and was unable to make it, but nonetheless I still rescheduled and went on both interviews. I am very disappointed. I've been applying to AERO since 2008 and gone on numerous interviews. I know I've the experience and skills. Not clear why I would get called back for a second interview if the company if not interested. Won't be applying to this company again.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through what you do?
      How many emails do you receive daily?
      Please tell me about yourself and background?
      Answer Question