Aéropostale Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 24, 2016

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

It was very simple and basic. The setting of Aeropostale is most likely for first time employees in the retail sector. They ask your leadership style and personality based questions. Nothing too difficult to think of if you are stuck.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview some time later. I had heard good things about Aero, so I decided to look into it. I interviewed with the DM and then the Regional , both were face to face. I felt very comfortable and had a good feeling. After a few days, an offer was made and I asked for more money. I did get more, but not the full amount. I gave a start date and have been there since.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just a few back and forth phone calls. If you play too many cards, you will lose.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

Spoke with a store manager and filled out the application in store. The next day I was contacted to come in for an interview. I was instructed to wear the clothing that I would wear to work that fit the look of their brand. I wore an aeropostale hoodie layered with a plaid button up, blue jeans, and a pair of chucks. The interview was very chill and was held with the store manager. We discussed what the position's outlook and answered some behavior based questions. Since I was studying Fashion in school, we discussed that a bit as well.

I came to the interview with a copy of my resume, two letters of recommendation, and my questions for the manager.

I was offered the job on the spot.
    Since I didn't have prior retail experience the most they could offer me was $7.50.

Negotiation