Aéropostale Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Aéropostale

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Janesville, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview, which I was not aware of beforehand. This made it kind of awkward. It just felt like we were fighting for the attention of the hiring manager. They then put us to work without direction. I have done retail before though so generally, it was easy.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about greeting guests?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Springfield, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

i was given different scenarios to pick out clothes for. i had to pick out different outfits that would fit a graduation party, a night on the town, an interview, or a festival. i was hired on spot.

Interview Questions

• "who are the people you look up to for fashion inspiration?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Super Easy. Submitted my application in person and scheduled my group interview. Almost everyone got the job. Just relax and have fun and BE YOURSELF!!! The more nervous you are the more uptight you appear and they won't hire you. Also, make sure you suck up to one of the interviewers and get on their good side right away.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview process lasted about an hour. It was a group interview with four other potential employees where they gave a tour around the store and walked us through daily routine. It was a relaxed atmosphere. Received a phone call about two hours after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle observing a customer stealing merchandise from the store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

multiple interviewees were taken to a common area in the mall and asked general questions. After that, if you were selected, you were called in for training and started the job very quickly.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I filled out an application and when I went to turn it in the sales associate asked if I'd like to speak to the assistant manager, so I did. He ended up just asking me some interview questions and then told me he'd pass my application to the manager. It was a couple weeks until I got a call about coming in for a group interview. It ended up just being another girl and I in the interview and about a week later I got the call that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had to step up and be a leader"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Princeton, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. It was supposed to be a group interview however they were either late or didn't show up so I was already on a good start. I wore professional clothing. The manager who interviewed me was nice and explained how drama is something she seriously does not handle. It took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you handled a difficult client?   2 Answers

I got an offer at another job first.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Walked in during the holiday season for an application, filled it out in person in store, they called me within a week, I had a group interview then my orientation within a week then I was hired (barely trained I might add)

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Arcadia, CA).

Interview

I walked in and asked and was immediately given paperwork to fill out. I was excited because I needed the job but I should have been suspicious due to the fact that I was given the job because I was available Black Friday. I was not asked if I was familiar with the clothes; but after I filled out the paperwork the manager introduced me to staff members.

Interview Questions

• What times are you available? Are you a student currently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Good interview pretty easy asked basic questions. Just smile and relax and you'll be fine. they also asked for me to build an outfit for a certain occasion. Most of the questions, since it was in a group interview, were just about fashion and we each went around answering. Simple.