Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

1.9

192 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Very quick and easy, very personable. Just a few questions, look trendy and have personality and you will basically get the job. Hiring manager at the time did a good job because I worked there for 3 years

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2017.

Interview

It was really fun! I was with a two other people. We were asked to create an outfit, for the opposite sex and then try to sell an article from that outfit. I was asked what makes Aero different and some hobbies I am interested in.

Interview Questions

• What separates Aero from other clothing stores?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Merritt Island, FL).

Interview

It was an open interview with two managers. They both took turns asking questions. They were great questions, mostly scenario based and personal hobby based. The women were very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked in a group and didn't agree with the decision the group made.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

I went in to the store and asked the manager if they were hiring. I filled out an application and submitted that same day. I got a call back within a couple days asking to come in for a group interview. All four of us in the interview got hired and were told that same day. We had to fill out all necessary paperwork and they had to complete our background checks and we started working within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orland Park, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

fast paced screenings. under five minutes. you have very little time for employers to grasp who you really are. they mostly ask unimportant questions about clothes, for example. I don't know how clothes affect my performance as an employee

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2016.

Interview

I applied a few months ago and they asked me a few questions upfront but then said they would hire for seasonal so they would get back to me. A month and a half later they called me asking if I were available for an interview. They called me back in a week after the interview and hired me.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you can add to a customer's sale to increase the price?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Kansas City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was more of a conversation and getting to know the assistant manager and myself. The interview was short and simple. Very nice assistant manager as well as the store manager, they explained how the company works and responsibilities for the position i applied to. Got offered the job right after interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you into a store? The music, the smell, or the mannequins?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

They will ask you some short questions, mostly about yourself and fashion. The questions weren't too serious or difficult and it was a very laid back interview. Then you had to pick out an outfit for an occasion they gave you from around the store and show them it. They generally do group interviews for associates and then set a group orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Plano, TX).

Interview

it was fairly easy, i went in filled out the application then got a call back at the end of the week was told to dress in my best clothes and show up on a certain day. it was a group interview with 3 people including myself.

Interview Questions

• who'd i look up to in the fashion industry, prior work experience, describe ourselves, what qualities we'd bring to the job, availability, basically typical interview questions. we were also asked to put together an outfit to show that we did have some sense of style at least.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fair Oaks, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Fair Oaks, VA).

Interview

I walked into the store and asked to talk to the manager about positions and hiring opportunities, and she seemed real nice and excited. She gave me an application and told me to come in anytime she's there within the next couple days for an interview with her. I came in a couple days later wearing shorts and a nice top and she briefly looked over my application and hired me on the spot; she didn't conduct an interview. A couple days after the interview she called me in for "training"/filling out paperwork.