Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.3

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2017.

Interview

It was really fun! I was with a two other people. We were asked to create an outfit, for the opposite sex and then try to sell an article from that outfit. I was asked what makes Aero different and some hobbies I am interested in.

Interview Questions

• What separates Aero from other clothing stores?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orland Park, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

fast paced screenings. under five minutes. you have very little time for employers to grasp who you really are. they mostly ask unimportant questions about clothes, for example. I don't know how clothes affect my performance as an employee

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I brought in my application and two letters of recommendation and they told me to come back on Tuesday for an interview. I arrived around 15 minutes early and they didn't even remember I had an interview. They actually seemed disappointed that I was early. I had to wait 25 minutes for my interview because they didn't have enough people working there at the time and forgot I had one. They kept talking about me while I was waiting such as "I have to give this girl an interview and I can't until Danielle gets back". It was very unorganized. She finally took me into the back and asked me a few questions about my school and activities. She asked me if I had any questions (you should always have questions). She told me they would call me by Friday. They did not so I called on Monday and she said they are giving call backs by the end of this NEXT week or the week after that. I still did not get a call, so I called again the next Monday and they said that they are no longer hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Staten Island, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Handed in application in store, told to come in the next day. I was there with one other girl and we sat in the food court. Was not asked any relevant or typical questions besides if I was willing to be an Aero Ambassador.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to be an Aero Ambassador?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were about five of us. It took about 30 minutes to complete. During the interview the manager asked us scenario questions in which we all answered one by one.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you ?
      Do you, yourself shop at Aeropostale?
      How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Got called in for a group interview. I'M glad I didn't get accepted an offer because they expect you to be some fashionista. One part of the interview was to go pick out an outfit from the store that you'd wear to a BBQ and you have to explain why you'd wear it. Then, they asked you to try to sell them the outfit you are wearing by creating a sales pitch.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I printed out an application and applied at the store, I didn't speak to the manager but I talked to a nice sales associate and he told me that they were always looking for new people to hire especially since it was close to the holiday season. All he seemed to want to know about was my availability. I got a call from the hiring manager exactly a week later asking if I was available for an interview the following day in front of the store. She said to dress what I think would be professional but fashion forward and how I would dress for a day of work at Aeropostale. I arrived 30 min early and was the first one there. It was a group interview with two other girls. I answered the questions pretty well and most of the time before the other two girls. She said she would call us back if she was interest in us within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite celebrity?   Answer Question
    • Who or what inspires your style? (Celebrity and/or social media )   Answer Question
    • What do would you say to someone that looking around the store to get them to consider buying or at least trying something on?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Went in with a resume and they told me they were having group interviews later on that evening. I came into the group interview and it was very simple questions why do you want to work here .. Etc. One girl got to the interview extremely late. They said they would call all of us and let us know something. They never called me. I Also found out they offered the position to the girl who was super late... Very unprofessional. And no one shops at aeropostale anymore so it would have probably sucked. They wanted to offer us 4 to 8,hours a week... Waste of time.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

They made me jump through hoops just to get an interview. I had to recruit 12 people to go to the upcoming even and even after that and promising me an interview the following Monday they didn't call to schedule the interview until I called them. Then they scheduled the interview a month later and during the interview told me that they had just hired a bunch of new people with in the month so they weren't hiring.

The interview itself was decent. They asked me a lot of questions like like the norm (ways to describe yourself, greatest weakness, what is customer service- good and bad). But also a few caught me off guard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Irvine, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied in person, and they set up a group interview for the next day. It was pretty relaxed, there were two other people there. The interviewer asked about five questions then took us back to the store. At the store, we had to create two outfits, one for girls and one for guys. We were also asked to replenish a section, which means like folding clothes and making it look presentable.