Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

1.9

199 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

They will ask you some short questions, mostly about yourself and fashion. The questions weren't too serious or difficult and it was a very laid back interview. Then you had to pick out an outfit for an occasion they gave you from around the store and show them it. They generally do group interviews for associates and then set a group orientation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Plano, TX).

Interview

it was fairly easy, i went in filled out the application then got a call back at the end of the week was told to dress in my best clothes and show up on a certain day. it was a group interview with 3 people including myself.

Interview Questions

• who'd i look up to in the fashion industry, prior work experience, describe ourselves, what qualities we'd bring to the job, availability, basically typical interview questions. we were also asked to put together an outfit to show that we did have some sense of style at least.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fair Oaks, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Fair Oaks, VA).

Interview

I walked into the store and asked to talk to the manager about positions and hiring opportunities, and she seemed real nice and excited. She gave me an application and told me to come in anytime she's there within the next couple days for an interview with her. I came in a couple days later wearing shorts and a nice top and she briefly looked over my application and hired me on the spot; she didn't conduct an interview. A couple days after the interview she called me in for "training"/filling out paperwork.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very informal, manager was very friendly and easy to get along with. Basically asked me a couple questions while looking at my application. She saw that I had previous retail experience so she didn't have many more questions for me.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Champaign, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in person on Monday and received a call that night to come in for a group interview on Thursday. The group was me and two other girls in the rear sales section of the store. The GM asked basic questions like "what was your most memorable vacation" and "what's something no one knows about you" in addition to style based questions - "how do you keep up on trends," "who is your style icon," and "what's your personal style." Be prepared for some questions about service, too (eg. "how do you greet customers?"). They want creative answers. Greet a customer by saying "I love that top. I have a great pair of pants that would go with it," or something like that. Be innovative.
    They had us all pick out an outfit for a specific event. I had menswear - guy on a first date. They then asked us how we could add $10 to the sale - layers and accessories of course (add-ons)!
    She informed us that she would call by the end of the day if she wanted to offer a position.
    The worst part of the company is the hours. They generally only give 4-10 hours per week to entry level associates.

Interview Questions

• What blogs do you follow online (fashion or otherwise)?   Answer Question
    • How can you add $10 to a sale?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

A group interview that asks basic personal/behavior questions, as well as how you would react in specific customer scenarios. It is helpful if you communicate a personal interest in fashion, as well as a friendly and bubbly personality which responds well to customer service demands.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics would your friends describe you as?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Allen, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Well my interview was basically them putting me is the system, they made me watch a video about how to treat customers and all that and it seemed really chill

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Sterling, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I came into the store to ask for an application. Manager was very welcoming and friendly. She asked me to come for an interview after I gave back the application. Interview was just a brief walkthrough of the store, work schedule, and rules/guidelines. (No specific questions)

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from the video? (The manager showed me a 15 minute video about Aero)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just go in with a positive attitude because you're most likely to get the job working at Aero :)

Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Joplin, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

The manager held a group interview with around 7 people and ultimately hired 6 out of 7. It took some longer to be hired than others but Aero is always hiring in waves because of a high turn-over rate. It took a while to get called back to be hired. The other sales associates were helpful and encouraging in the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Show me how you might approach a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I left an application during a career fair. Was called back 1 or 2 weeks after for an interview. It was a group interview with two other people and the manager. We were asked some basic questions and then asked to put an outfit together for the customer

Interview Questions

• We were asked to put together an outfit. How would you add on items to a purchase?   Answer Question

See What Aéropostale Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Cashwrap Specialist in Houston, TX

Pros: “The people were fun. That was really the only reason I️ stayed for 3 years. Sometimes they had fun events which was cool. They hire pretty much anyone during the holiday but keep the good...”“The people were fun. That was really the only reason I️ stayed for 3 years. Sometimes they had fun events which was cool. They hire pretty much anyone during the holiday but keep the good ones so you can start seasonal but could stay on permanent if you’re good at your job. It was good job for me when I️ was in high school. I️ wanted 20 hours a week only and that’s what I️ got until holiday season or summer. I️ did pretty much everything while I️ was there for 3 years and my favorite was MerchFlow. Show up at 5am then leave at 2pm while working in the back. You could wear whatever you want which was amazing and not have to be on the floor!” – Full Review