Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

1.9

195 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very chill process. The assistant manager interviewed and just asked me basic questions like where I lived and what school I go to. The only interview question they really asked me was why I would like o work there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Sanford, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was easy I went in turned in my application, she asked me questions about it right there. Went to group interview a couple hours later. Easy enough. We were all girls the same age, we all had different answers for questions which is good. It was fun and the interviewer made us feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Q What do you think the hardest part of this job would be?
      Q Look around the store and pick out something for a boy who is going to his sister's graduation party.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Plantation, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Entered confidently, yet had to wait over time with about 11 other interviewees. It was scripted, but the interviewer was energetic. Asked everyone in the order of the area we were in. Yet, they had chosen 2 out of the 12 interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Where do you go to school?   1 Answer
    • Top 3 favorite stores? (In order from greatest to least)   1 Answer
    • How would you dress for work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Augusta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty simple, I arrived 20 minutes before my interview but the manager wasn't ready until the exact time, it was supposed to be a group interview but i t was just me and a girl, he asked about us, told us to put together a outfit, then act out a scenario. He called me back like 2 weeks later about being hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2015.

Interview

Quick and simple. Asks a few basic questions regarding experience, fashion, and what to do/ what not to do in certain situations. Was done in a group setting and then on-on-one

Interview Questions

• What do yo do if you encounter a shoplifter   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiation but if you're smart try not to get paid minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Oxford, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

It can be a group interview or it can be an individual interview depending on when you are getting hired. it is very easy and simple. great overall experience.

Interview Questions

• where have you work before?   1 Answer
    • Pick out an outfit and come back then they go over the outfit.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Went into the store, met with the manager, they told me they could do an interview on the spot so they took me in the back room and gave me the general screening. It took about 30 to 45 minutes to complete, then i had to fill out all the paper work and they told me that they would be giving me a call whenever they needed me to come into work.

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Milpitas, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Went through 2 group interviews and was fairly easy. The first interview was with a group to determine who gets selected into the second interview process. The meeting was at the store and we each answered questions in a circle. The second interview, we had to greet customers and pick out clothes for customers. We were also asked questions and we went around in a circle. Interview process was really easy...just have a smile and answer questions quickly.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Very down to earth, they ask easy questions and generally just want to make sure you are a fit for them and they are a fit for you. Group interviews are very common.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

I received another position in my area of expertise

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Easy! Dress nice(look at their website and dress similarly). Be energetic, friendly. They look for personality, those pleasant to work with, as well as sales ability. It's a plus if you have worked at a fast paced environment, and used the cash register.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate!