Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was great and very fun. I did a group interview with about 7 other people for a seasonal position. We all entered the stock room and formed a circle with the Store Manager and Trainee. We were asked to say our name, where we were from, then an interesting fact about ourselves. Afterwards we went into the store and was asked to pick out something that we like, bring it back to the group and explain why we like that item. Then we were asked to put together an outfit that we would buy with our first paycheck and present it to the group.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Aero?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Duluth, GA).

Interview

asked for an application filled it out and got a call within a week. scheduled a group interview. me and 3 other girls were being interviewed. Was asked to sell by outfit to them and asked to put an outfit together from the store.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview, probably about 5 or 6 people in the group. The store manager just asked questions about our personal style, If we had any social networks and style Icons we looked up to. Stuff like that

Interview Questions

• What's a go to outfit for you (or a go to outfit in general)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Wilmington, DE) in September 2014.

Interview

it was very fast they didn't really ask too many questions and i believe i was in and out within 10 minutes. i didn't see why they were talking so fast and seemed like they were in a rush, i later found out why it was such a speedy interview seeing as i got the job

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 7 other people, everyone was high school aged. They asked 1 question and each person had to go around in a circle and answer the question. So if you're the last person, someone could easily say the answer you were planning on saying. It was pretty easy going, I think they were just trying to scope out if you could get along well with other people and that you have a good personality.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

They made me jump through hoops just to get an interview. I had to recruit 12 people to go to the upcoming even and even after that and promising me an interview the following Monday they didn't call to schedule the interview until I called them. Then they scheduled the interview a month later and during the interview told me that they had just hired a bunch of new people with in the month so they weren't hiring.

The interview itself was decent. They asked me a lot of questions like like the norm (ways to describe yourself, greatest weakness, what is customer service- good and bad). But also a few caught me off guard.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was very short and basic. It was a group interview of about four other people. We were asked how we would respond to certain events. We also were asked to interact with customers. I was asked to put together several different outfits for males and females of different ages and was given multiple hypothetical situations. The interview process is very easy, seeing as how most people applying for this position are high school or college students looking for a part-time job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your friends came into the store and asked to either use your discount or have a certain item for free?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Niles, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Niles, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process at Aeropostale was very simple and easy. I applied in store and then 3 days later was asked to come in and go through the interview process. I was told to wear something I thought Represented Aeropostale. The interview was with 6 additional people so it was a little strange but it worked out in the end because I was the most enthusiastic and answered all of the questions. I was then contacted 2 days latter with the Job. I would describe working for aeropostale as Fun, energetic, and all together a great atmosphere to work in .

Interview Questions

• If you were a season what season would you be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

Interview

I went into the store (dressed business casual) and asked one of the assistant managers for a job application. I filled it out outside of the store and when I came back to give it to her, she asked me a couple questions about my style, what I think of Aeropostale, ect. She scheduled me for a group interview the following week. During the interview, I was with four other girls, the store manager asked us about our values, our previous customer service experiences, and what we would do in certain situations. Then we went back to the store and the manager tested us all on putting together an outfit, as well as interacting with customers in the store. I was called later that night and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What does "compassion, integrity, respect, and teamwork" mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, especially if you have minimal experience and/or have applied for a starter position. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview with 3 other girls, we all sat in the back room and the manager asked us each questions and we went out into the store and interacted with the customers as if we worked there.