Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

1.9

196 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Easy! Dress nice(look at their website and dress similarly). Be energetic, friendly. They look for personality, those pleasant to work with, as well as sales ability. It's a plus if you have worked at a fast paced environment, and used the cash register.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate!

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Got called in for a group interview. I'M glad I didn't get accepted an offer because they expect you to be some fashionista. One part of the interview was to go pick out an outfit from the store that you'd wear to a BBQ and you have to explain why you'd wear it. Then, they asked you to try to sell them the outfit you are wearing by creating a sales pitch.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Found me at my college campus. Called for an interview. Told me to wear a fitted tshirt and jeans for the day of the interview. The interview was a group one which was fine but it didn't feel personalized. Most of us were immediately hired and shown around. The managers were very nice and helpful

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I printed out an application and applied at the store, I didn't speak to the manager but I talked to a nice sales associate and he told me that they were always looking for new people to hire especially since it was close to the holiday season. All he seemed to want to know about was my availability. I got a call from the hiring manager exactly a week later asking if I was available for an interview the following day in front of the store. She said to dress what I think would be professional but fashion forward and how I would dress for a day of work at Aeropostale. I arrived 30 min early and was the first one there. It was a group interview with two other girls. I answered the questions pretty well and most of the time before the other two girls. She said she would call us back if she was interest in us within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite celebrity?   Answer Question
    • Who or what inspires your style? (Celebrity and/or social media )   Answer Question
    • What do would you say to someone that looking around the store to get them to consider buying or at least trying something on?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Went in with a resume and they told me they were having group interviews later on that evening. I came into the group interview and it was very simple questions why do you want to work here .. Etc. One girl got to the interview extremely late. They said they would call all of us and let us know something. They never called me. I Also found out they offered the position to the girl who was super late... Very unprofessional. And no one shops at aeropostale anymore so it would have probably sucked. They wanted to offer us 4 to 8,hours a week... Waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Akron, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Applicant fills out and turns in paper application for employment in person to an employee of the desired location. Interview process is carried out at a manager's discretion, ranging from one-to-one to group interviews. If offered, a date is set for a one day orientation before beginning employment.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name some celebrities/notable individuals whose personal style of clothing has inspired you.   1 Answer
    • Q: Within a three minute time frame, find and build the interviewer an outfit from the products exposed on the floor, and explain why you chose the items that you did.   1 Answer
    • Q: Why did you choose to apply to Aéropostale?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

My friend worked at Aero and she told me to come in and fill out an application. I went in and filled one out, and the Manager interviewed me on the spot. I got hired right then and there and started work the next week! This is not a normal process though, as most people go through group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Whats the most frustrating experience ive had at a store
      I had to put together an outfit i would wear   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Spokane, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

it was a group interview and was not told you pick and outfit and explain why then tell other people why you didn't like there outfits then why you liked them and how to sell each one

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Humble, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

SUPER FRIENDLY. Feels like you're talking to a close friend but keeping it professional. The interview is really simple and they are very detailed about the job requirements and they give you a brief overview of your duties.

Interview Questions

• Working around your schedule. They need committed people   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process includes either two or more interviewees. Of course, they start off by telling you to describe yourself. And then they started to ask odd questions such as what I would order at Taco Bell and what's my favorite movie and why. I guess the real interview is when they actually put you on the floor and tell you to act as if you were actually hired and working.

Interview Questions

• "Now we're going to put you on the floor and give you the oppurtunity to work."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations; only paid minimum wage.