Aéropostale Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Store Manager Interview Questions

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Bloomington, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Typical process. I only had one interview with the DM. It was relaxed and I felt very comfortable to speak freely with them. After waiting only a few days I got a call with the job offer. However, it was not made clear to me the debt crisis that this company is sustaining at the time of my interview. (My fault for not doing more thorough research)

Interview Questions

• How to you respond to conflict? What does that look like?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were responsible for store results. How did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Knowing someone who works for this company is best. Interview set up was easy. Very casual and comfortable. We sat down and had a real conversation before initial interview which made it very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What struggles do you face as a manager and why? Where do you see yourself in ten years / in retail?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Interview

Before the interview, make you sure you research who Aero uses for their ambassadors. This changes from year to year. Come to the interview very styled in current fashion trends, business attire isn't acceptable.

Interview Questions

• Before the interview, visit an Aero store near you. You want to be able to talk about the shopping experience and compare it to their competition. Plus be knowledgeable about coaching and your leadership style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Trying to negotiate for more money.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2014.

Interview

I was promoted internally to Store Manager (started as a sales associate and worked my way up, company is committed to promoting from within). When moving into management it was required to interview with the district and regional manager. Promotion to store manager requires interview with an additional district manager, and another interview with the regional manager. Discussion includes past performance, your interpretation of company strategy, best practices for management, and allows you to ask questions about the position and how to be successful.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to make Aero the place that the teen customer will want to shop?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Called by immediate supervisor (district manager) with job offer, and salary offer. I pushed back for more money, and the supervisor had to ask his boss for approval. Then I got a call back to say that my request had been approved, and I accepted the position.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Employee had refereed me to her DM. DM had called and we spoke briefly. She had me meet her and her boss at a near by Starbucks. The boss asked most of the questions. They were dressed very casual. I was way too overdressed.

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Pensacola, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Professional, respectful interview process. Managers were prepared and asked insightful questions. I enjoyed the experience. Interview started on time. Called me back with 4 days of my initial interview.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview some time later. I had heard good things about Aero, so I decided to look into it. I interviewed with the DM and then the Regional , both were face to face. I felt very comfortable and had a good feeling. After a few days, an offer was made and I asked for more money. I did get more, but not the full amount. I gave a start date and have been there since.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just a few back and forth phone calls. If you play too many cards, you will lose.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Interview

Nothing to out of the ordinary for a manager position in retail, make sure you know about today's fashion and also know how to manage a team of role models that are teenagers. Being able to talk to previous management skills and job titles.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to coach someone on something they did incorrectly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (San Diego, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I had a great conversation with the Store Manager of the Plaza Bonita Store. I was then passed on to the DM of the San Diego District and that interview went well, we had a nice conversation. I was then passed on to phone interview with the Regional Manager, she was a princess and couldn't get past the fact that I had to make some decisions from a Store Manager role into an Assistant Manager role due to relocating. She didn't understand why I had took an Assistant Manager job, hello, I needed a job!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2010.

Interview

Talk about training and development. Making money!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

gave me what i wanted