Aéropostale Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Store Manager Interview Questions

2.9

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Interview

Before the interview, make you sure you research who Aero uses for their ambassadors. This changes from year to year. Come to the interview very styled in current fashion trends, business attire isn't acceptable.

Interview Questions

• Before the interview, visit an Aero store near you. You want to be able to talk about the shopping experience and compare it to their competition. Plus be knowledgeable about coaching and your leadership style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Trying to negotiate for more money.

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Knowing someone who works for this company is best. Interview set up was easy. Very casual and comfortable. We sat down and had a real conversation before initial interview which made it very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What struggles do you face as a manager and why? Where do you see yourself in ten years / in retail?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Interview

Nothing to out of the ordinary for a manager position in retail, make sure you know about today's fashion and also know how to manage a team of role models that are teenagers. Being able to talk to previous management skills and job titles.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to coach someone on something they did incorrectly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Bloomington, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Typical process. I only had one interview with the DM. It was relaxed and I felt very comfortable to speak freely with them. After waiting only a few days I got a call with the job offer. However, it was not made clear to me the debt crisis that this company is sustaining at the time of my interview. (My fault for not doing more thorough research)

Interview Questions

• How to you respond to conflict? What does that look like?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were responsible for store results. How did you do?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

Interview

I was first recruited by a previous coworker at Aeropostale. I believe they have quotas they may need to fill. I interviewed with the DM days later, and it went well. So, she set up a phone interview with the Regional, that also seem to went well. They did ask pretty moderate questions that did get you thinking about yourself as a leader and business runner.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself as a leader?   1 Answer

I wanted to get paid more, not just matched.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview some time later. I had heard good things about Aero, so I decided to look into it. I interviewed with the DM and then the Regional , both were face to face. I felt very comfortable and had a good feeling. After a few days, an offer was made and I asked for more money. I did get more, but not the full amount. I gave a start date and have been there since.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just a few back and forth phone calls. If you play too many cards, you will lose.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2009.

Interview

Interview process with District Manager was very smooth and inviting. Had the opportunity to ask any and all questions to fully understand the expectations of the position. Second portion was meeting with Regional manager which was went smooth although that interviewer didn't seem comfortable with the one on one interaction.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you would change if you started this position immediately?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was very smooth. Was asked what I would require for the position and was given what I asked for.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2010.

Interview

Talk about training and development. Making money!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

gave me what i wanted

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Employee had refereed me to her DM. DM had called and we spoke briefly. She had me meet her and her boss at a near by Starbucks. The boss asked most of the questions. They were dressed very casual. I was way too overdressed.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2014.

Interview

I was promoted internally to Store Manager (started as a sales associate and worked my way up, company is committed to promoting from within). When moving into management it was required to interview with the district and regional manager. Promotion to store manager requires interview with an additional district manager, and another interview with the regional manager. Discussion includes past performance, your interpretation of company strategy, best practices for management, and allows you to ask questions about the position and how to be successful.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to make Aero the place that the teen customer will want to shop?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Called by immediate supervisor (district manager) with job offer, and salary offer. I pushed back for more money, and the supervisor had to ask his boss for approval. Then I got a call back to say that my request had been approved, and I accepted the position.