A.C. Moore Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

1.7

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A.C. Moore.

Interview

Interview was done on site, I was pretty much hired on the spot. I filled out paperwork a day after the interview. They called me the day after to actually offer the job. Very standard interview for a retail position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for A.C. Moore

Anonymous Employee in Selden, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at A.C. Moore (Selden, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Very quick and professional. The hiring manager was very friendly and explained everything from the company history to what they are looking for their associates to do. The interview itself took about 15 - 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you have experienced with a customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • How do you define professionalism?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Pretty much just talking 1:1 with manager. It was super laid back and really chill. Haven't heard back yet, though.

They gave me a paper and I had to go online and fill out a background check. That was really it.

Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at A.C. Moore (Bel Air, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Got a call, scheduled an interview for next day, came in and answered some questions and went over a few things for maybe 15 minutes, went home and did background check online. Got job offer in about 2 days. The AGM did this process and she was very professional and nice.

Interview Questions

• If I was okay with coming in at 5 am since that's when truck is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A.C. Moore (Fredericksburg, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I was called in for an interview a few weeks later. Easy interview with General Manager. I was asked maybe 10 questions and offered the position. The interview was pretty basic and was about 15 minutes long, maybe shorter. The questions were simple enough. I only remember a few.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are examples of crafts you have done?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A.C. Moore in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty average, asking the usual questions such as "tell me about yourself" and "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" I found that it was difficult to explain my "artistic" qualities in words, mainly because I am not artsy with my hands, but with a camera. The interviewer was very dull and did not seem to have much interest in what I had to say, but that could be a problem at the location. The interview was at most 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies that are related the position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A.C. Moore (Harrisburg, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

I showed up, they found the manager and I walked back with him. It was very short, he didn't have all that much to say. Ended up leaving with a contingent job offer. Pretty cut-and-dry

Interview Questions

• Why did I stop going to school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A.C. Moore (Worcester, MA).

Interview

If your resume makes the cut through corporate, the store management will look over your resume and call you for an interview if they are interested. Only one interview. A generic checklist of questions that the manager reads off of. Takes only 10-15 minutes. You're told at the end of the interview if you have the job, if not they'll tell you that "you'll be contacted later" If you do have the job, you'll be given directions to complete a background check online.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accept this pay rate and that's all we can give you.

Anonymous Employee in Warminster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at A.C. Moore (Warminster, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a joke. They didn't understand any of the questions. They kept complaining about the company mandated questions and didn't really care about my responses. They were desperate for help and still are so I think they took pretty much anyone they could get. The same goes for pretty much all of their stores by the rate they have signs up in the windows.

Interview Questions

• same basic questions as always. I don't remember specifics but don't sweat it. Just look up basic interview questions and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at A.C. Moore (Newton, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was actually very professional. Manager was very clear on what was expected of new employees; but the down side was having to take a math test, considering the position was for "Framer." I was contacted within a week and still offered a part-time job, despite my not doing well on the test.