A.F.Ferguson & Co. Credit Risk Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A.F.Ferguson & Co. Credit Risk Intern Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Credit Risk Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A.F.Ferguson & Co. (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in January 2010.

Interview

I worked in the modelling section Risk Advisory Services which was quite a nascent department at that time and therefore did not have a standardised hiring process (for non-accountants). My CV was referred (by a contact in the firm) to a senior manager in the department (also a non-accountant) who then interviewed me along with the partner for RAS. The interview was a mix of job-specific questions (e.g. the skills or experience that I had in terms of analysing large amounts of data), behavioural questions (e.g. my motivation in applying for that role) and a discussion about the role itself (they answered a lot of questions I had regarding the type of work it entailed).

The key skills that they seek are a quantitative aptitude, problem-solving, creativity and data analysis using software such as Excel, SAS and R etc. You must also be able to demonstrate attention to detail, a desire to learn and a willingness to put in long hours (the firm is known for working its employees at all levels).

Working in an evolving department was a steep and enriching learning experience. Given the small size of the team I was involved in all projects and got to learn directly from the manager who was running the modelling section. I found the people in that teamto be extremely friendly and collaborative and even though the office demands long hours they are very considerate and accommodating. I feel that it's an organisation that rewards commitment and hard work.

Interview Questions

• You are to develop an empirical credit risk model and have been provided by panel data by a client. How would you proceed?   Answer Question
  • What are the skills that you have utilised in previous projects that you think would be relevant to this role?   Answer Question