A*Star Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A*Star Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.8

Mid Management Position Interview

Interview

Took the trouble to go through interview process even though no jobs available. But can waste people's time and dashed people's hope because the eventual answer would be a reject.

Intern Interview

Interview

Got an interview from the career fair of my university. The officer on duty at the stall was very friendly. The interview was Technically inclined. Grill you on every single detail on your resume. Overall a good experience.

Senior Officer Interview

Interview

There is written test before the hr round
    First round - hr
    Standard questions by hr
    Hr wants to know where exactly your interests and job fit lie in

Second round - direct boss
    Wasn't a pleasant experience

Senior Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was a short 15-minute screening with the head and assistant head of HR, followed by an essay (45 min). Few typical interview questions, more of going through your resume and asking you what you know about the position and organisation you are applying for. Overall the interview was very quick but it is difficult to tell what they are looking for. Did not manage to get called for the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      Do you plan to do further studies?
      What do you know about this position? What do you know about the BMRC?
      What part-time work have you done?
      Did you apply for other jobs and what kind of jobs are they?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A*Star.

Interview

Interviewers were friendly and explained a lot about the position you are applying for. Interview was held in a conference room and the process took about 30 - 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• How do you stand out as compared to the rest of the candidates?   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First round of interview was with hr and direct manager. Just to find out more about interviewee and sharing the job scope. Nothing technical. Second interview with group manager. Same thing, nothing difficult.

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

You will have to wait for awhile before your turn as they might be still interviewing other candidates as their timeline for each candidate is set back-to-back. Hence patience is required, just keep calling them if you are worried.

For the interview. friendly and comfortable setting with 3 persons
    Took around 30mins for the whole interview
    Basically, just be comfortable and confident with yourself (:

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2016.

Interview

I saw the opening online & applied online. Received a call within 2 days. Had 2 rounds of interview. First one with the PI & his team members. This interview went for an hour and half. The second interview was with the PI & co-PI.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

It takes one week after apply in the Career Fair. Then received a email, which informs me to attend a face-to-face interview, before that I took half an hour to do a logical test

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through school portal and received a reply within less than a week. Scheduled an interview soon after and was interviewed by their Senior Researcher. There wasn't any formality and thus the setting was pretty much casual. He was more interested in explaining about the project I will be involved in and asked me on how my previous experience or interest can be beneficial to the project. Received an offer few days after(1-2 days).

Interview Questions

• 1) Interest
      2) Engineering projects that I had done