A*Star Research Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A*Star in November 2015.

Interview

Friendly interviewer. The interviewer first told me about her project. Nothing difficult about the interview questions. I was asked about some technical questions and briefly presented my final year research project. The interviewer showed me around the lab and the whole interview process took around 40 minutes. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for A*Star

Research Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A*Star in June 2015.

Interview

Good experience. Face to face interview with your reporting officer. Friendly Interviewer. They will ask about introduction and your project and some technical problems. Nothing difficult I think. Second round phone interview.

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later. Had an interview with the head scientist. Was asked the standard interview questions (describe your strengths, why do you want to join this lab, and etc.) and also what I did in university that was relevant to the focus of the research group. Overall it was pleasant.

Research Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at A*Star in June 2015.

Interview

They took very long to revert back and the person wasn't too sure how many rounds of interview there will be. During the interview, the Interviewer give me the impression that I would offered from them. But when I emailed them, they took a week to send a reply to arrange for the next interview and another one month for them to inform me that I wasn't selected. They just wanted me to wait for them.

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was a slow wait, HR promised to reply by certain date but kept delaying

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very technical. Only 1 or 2 general interview questions. Other than that, they're all related to your work. And you need to read beforehand. 90% related to work. 10% general questions. Difficult if you don't prepare.

Interview Questions

• What kind of conditions should you put live cells in? (one of the easier ones)   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me more than what I asked for my salary.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2013.

Interview

very informal, a quick chat with the supervisor to check on your career ambition, what you can and can't do (technical abilities), what do you see yourself in 5 years. Show that you are willing to learn as most of the skills are attained on-the-job

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1 interview, 2 interviewers and 1 round of interviews.
    Entire hiring process took about 45 mins to 1 hour.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2007.

Interview

In general, the interview process in A*Star is mostly related to the scientific project that you have worked on
    (I join A*Star right after graduation, and was working on a simulation project during my undergrad years).

There were two interviewers, one of them typically is your future supervisor (the one that'd like to hire you).

Most of the questions revolving around the details of the scientific projects, and your personality (the match test, so to speak)

Interview Questions

• Details of the scientific project asked by interviewer (even though they never do this type of research before).

People in A*Star tends to be smart, so they can dig out many details from your description, so be sure you really nail down your science project.   Answer Question