A.T. Kearney Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A.T. Kearney Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at A.T. Kearney

3.9

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney in May 2015.

Interview

The process included three stages. I first had a phone interview to disucss my backgroiund and potential fit with the firm. The second interview was case and behavioral. The third interview was a presented case interview and behavioral.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for A.T. Kearney

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

I had a phone screen and 3 in person interviews, which included 2 cases. The recruiting team was prompt in all communications and providing an offer. Overall it was an easy experience. Worth noting that this was during a hiring spree many years ago, the interview process has since evolved and become a lot more rigorous.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where the client was unhappy with your work and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

5 interviews in 2 rounds. Around 5% of applicants from top b-schools (likes of Kellogg, Booth, Wharton) get through after the final round. Interview is similar to Mckinsey/BCG but in R2 ATK has a written case and presentation, followed by Q&A by a panel.

Interview Questions

• Cases are very complex especially the written case in R2.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney in October 2013.

Interview

Campus interviews: Round 1: Two interviews - personal interview and case interview (Crack the case / Case in Point)
    Round 2: (in a central location) One personal interview, one case interview and one presentation case with an hour to analyze data and prep.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone with data   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Typical consulting process in a business school: We started off with a "resume drop" process with
    80-100 people applying. Then about 24 got chosen for an on-campus first round and I believe 8 went to second round in the A.T. Kearney offices.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tile manufacturer with declining Sales, how will you improve your Sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I got recruited by AT Kearney's primary staffing agency. It was a series of phone calls and in person interviews.

1) Phone screen with a mid-senior level manager , went over behavioral questions and case interviews
    2) In person interview: Behavioral, resume oriented, case interview
    3) Case presentation: Solve and present a case

I had an excellent experience in the interview process. My phone screen interviewer then turned prep mentor (once i got selected to the in person interviews). As part of the phone mentor process they provided mock interviews for written and presentation cases. This was absolutely invaluable and it showed 1) they want you to succeed 2) they want you to be prepared

In person, the first case was medium-tough, if you have solved over 50 cases you can get the answer. But they dont care about the answer, its the approach. The like to hear your approach as that is a better indicator of your case solving nous.

The in person interviews are split into morning and afternoon sessions. If you get the morning 3 pack right (behavior, case, resume) you will get selected for afternoon presentation case. There was a 2 hour gap between the sessions.

The toughest part of the interview was the presentation case, they gave me about 15 pages of hard core data and about 18 questions to address. They provide you 1 hour to read, decipher, answer the questions, then you have to put them up in large presentation stick it notes so you can present to a partner and principal. They get about 1 hour to inundate you with questions, this process was equally rewarding and scary. They want to ensure you can speak for your numbers, you can show your work and show how you arrived at your conclusion while simulating client-like environment.

I have since accepted AT Kearney's offer and can say that the amount of encouragement and coaching i get is absolutely great, they truly care for your comfort and fit with the company to ensure we can focus on the clients. Its been 6 months since my interview and 3 months since i joined, i waited to post this so i can share my experience after i joined as well.

Interview Questions

• Case solving is key; approach to solving the case is pivotal   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated location, and start date. No salary negotiation allowed, though their offer was very good by itself.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

1) Contacted by recruiter
    2) Onsite interview consisting of one case interview and fit interview
    3) phone interview - Fit
    4) phone interview - Fit

5) onsite interview - given a case study, 60 minutes to structure, crack and create presentation. 20 minute presentation followed by 20-30 minutes of conversational/fit questions

Interview Questions

• Standard case study questions along with interesting fit questions such as:

1) what are you famous for
      2) why should we hire you over the other candidates   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was great, no negotiation

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

The interview process was good and the feedback was great. I was a better fit for a less senior position and the interviewers were very helpful and encouraging.
    HR was not as organized as one would hope.
    As an advice, make sure to practice a lot of cases and ask for a mock interview buddy from the firm to prep for the interview.

Interview Questions

• 2 interviews: the first one was general fit and behavioral questions (tell about a time you had to deliver bad news to someone/client), the second one was a case (market sizing and strategy)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Coming out of the MBA, they have a very structured process: you will have two rounds of interviews with two people interviewing you in each round. The interviews are focused on your fit with the company and on your ability to solve the cases. You will need to practice your cases for a long time before being 100% ready for this!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

This was a rigorous interview, with a full day of discussions with senior team leaders as well as more junior team members who focused on detailing the specifics of their experience with the firm. One senior team leader described a model client situation and asked that I provide some ideas of how I might address the client's multiple challenges and what criteria I might select in assessing those challenges.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the value proposition of A.T. Kearney's client approach versus the other consulting firms you have had discussions with?   Answer Question