A.T. Kearney Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A.T. Kearney Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at A.T. Kearney

3.9

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney in May 2015.

Interview

The process included three stages. I first had a phone interview to disucss my backgroiund and potential fit with the firm. The second interview was case and behavioral. The third interview was a presented case interview and behavioral.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for A.T. Kearney

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

I had a phone screen and 3 in person interviews, which included 2 cases. The recruiting team was prompt in all communications and providing an offer. Overall it was an easy experience. Worth noting that this was during a hiring spree many years ago, the interview process has since evolved and become a lot more rigorous.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where the client was unhappy with your work and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

5 interviews in 2 rounds. Around 5% of applicants from top b-schools (likes of Kellogg, Booth, Wharton) get through after the final round. Interview is similar to Mckinsey/BCG but in R2 ATK has a written case and presentation, followed by Q&A by a panel.

Interview Questions

• Cases are very complex especially the written case in R2.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

1) Contacted by recruiter
    2) Onsite interview consisting of one case interview and fit interview
    3) phone interview - Fit
    4) phone interview - Fit

5) onsite interview - given a case study, 60 minutes to structure, crack and create presentation. 20 minute presentation followed by 20-30 minutes of conversational/fit questions

Interview Questions

• Standard case study questions along with interesting fit questions such as:

1) what are you famous for
      2) why should we hire you over the other candidates   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was great, no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Three interviews with Partners and Principals, all in person. There were multiple informal interactions via phone and on-campus events. The firm made multiple consultants available to practice cases and clarify any questions regarding what is like to be a consultant. HR handles all the logistics and scheduling of interviews and phone calls which makes it very ease for candidates.

Interview Questions

• Case based interviews where you are asked to solve a business issue. Questions were related on a turnaround situation for a auto maker, second case was related to product strategy for a fashion retailer, and last was related to capacity optimization at a manufacturing plant. All questions had a strong math component, but interviewers will push hard once you get through the math part for you to be creative in bringing in qualitative answers. There are multiple fit questions at the end where they try to assess whether you would fit well within the culture of the firm.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

A general market entry question and operations case interview. There were two rounds with different interviewers. The first one came to the US office from ATKearney in Germany, and I could not understand him clearly. I asked back what the question was more than twice, and everything seemed to be very tough from then. Also, I was asked about something not in other case books, so it really is required for interviewees to prepare themselves outside the box. The second interview was a guesstimation question, and finding a proxy for that question was also very tough. Since I did not pass the first screening, I was not sure what the second round was like.

Interview Questions

• 1. Our client is having an operations problem. How would you approach it?
      2. Estimate salts used in the US for an year.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

Interview process consists of multiple interviews including typical case interviews and behavioral interviews (general questions about experience, leadership, etc.)
    There are 2 round interviews throughout the process
    Interviews are with managers, principals and partners

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Following a phone screen, two in-person interviews at the office, one a case interview, the other behavioral. Note that the case interview began with a mini "tell me about yourself" exchange perhaps meant to be a warm up. Case interview was candidate led market entry problem. Not much information volunteered, but interviewer (manager level) was fairly quick to shut down unwanted branches, eg product questions. Probing on numbers and estimates given so be sure to cite your assumptions/logic/knowledge. I didn't feel I did well, although I did notice that I hit upon the key lever (after which interview quickly over!) I did progress to next round (still to be scheduled) so I suppose I did adequately. The behavioral interview was very "softball" with a partner.

Interview Questions

• Since this was candidate led, it was up to me to ask the right questions, which is more difficult than answering any one particular question.   1 Answer

Actually haven't received or declined yet, still in process.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

First round was two interviews on campus, one was behavioral and one was a case. Second round was in their office - 60 minutes written case with 20 minutes to present, followed by 2 behavioral interviews. 3 out of my 4 interviewers were extremely unfriendly and rude -- It would be awful to work with them. Overall, not impressed with ATK given the rudeness and disorganization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced something really challenging   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

- 6 interviews (over 2 rounds)
    - 5 were case style interviews and one was a fit interview
    - 1 of the case interviews was a presentation case
    - heavy towards personal style in terms of the case questions asked
    - included some need to do math