A.T. Kearney Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A.T. Kearney Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at A.T. Kearney

3.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

A 3 step interview process:
1. Telephone interview with a manager
2. Case study via telecon with manager
3. In person interviews and case studies which included:
     - Behavioral interview with 2 partners
     - Case study and presentation to an associate/manager

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for A.T. Kearney

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Typical consulting firm process. Behavioral + Case Study + Case Study Presentation. One on one case is a combination of quant and qual. No need for specific industry knowledge, but ask the right questions and you can begin to piece together the business solution. Presentation is a time crunch - need to quickly filter out the unimportant data from the critical data and build quantifiable arguments that also consider qualitative elements.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

A general market entry question and operations case interview. There were two rounds with different interviewers. The first one came to the US office from ATKearney in Germany, and I could not understand him clearly. I asked back what the question was more than twice, and everything seemed to be very tough from then. Also, I was asked about something not in other case books, so it really is required for interviewees to prepare themselves outside the box. The second interview was a guesstimation question, and finding a proxy for that question was also very tough. Since I did not pass the first screening, I was not sure what the second round was like.

Interview Questions

• 1. Our client is having an operations problem. How would you approach it?
      2. Estimate salts used in the US for an year.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

Interview process consists of multiple interviews including typical case interviews and behavioral interviews (general questions about experience, leadership, etc.)
    There are 2 round interviews throughout the process
    Interviews are with managers, principals and partners

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Three interviews with Partners and Principals, all in person. There were multiple informal interactions via phone and on-campus events. The firm made multiple consultants available to practice cases and clarify any questions regarding what is like to be a consultant. HR handles all the logistics and scheduling of interviews and phone calls which makes it very ease for candidates.

Interview Questions

• Case based interviews where you are asked to solve a business issue. Questions were related on a turnaround situation for a auto maker, second case was related to product strategy for a fashion retailer, and last was related to capacity optimization at a manufacturing plant. All questions had a strong math component, but interviewers will push hard once you get through the math part for you to be creative in bringing in qualitative answers. There are multiple fit questions at the end where they try to assess whether you would fit well within the culture of the firm.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

First round was two interviews on campus, one was behavioral and one was a case. Second round was in their office - 60 minutes written case with 20 minutes to present, followed by 2 behavioral interviews. 3 out of my 4 interviewers were extremely unfriendly and rude -- It would be awful to work with them. Overall, not impressed with ATK given the rudeness and disorganization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced something really challenging   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

- 6 interviews (over 2 rounds)
    - 5 were case style interviews and one was a fit interview
    - 1 of the case interviews was a presentation case
    - heavy towards personal style in terms of the case questions asked
    - included some need to do math

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Following a phone screen, two in-person interviews at the office, one a case interview, the other behavioral. Note that the case interview began with a mini "tell me about yourself" exchange perhaps meant to be a warm up. Case interview was candidate led market entry problem. Not much information volunteered, but interviewer (manager level) was fairly quick to shut down unwanted branches, eg product questions. Probing on numbers and estimates given so be sure to cite your assumptions/logic/knowledge. I didn't feel I did well, although I did notice that I hit upon the key lever (after which interview quickly over!) I did progress to next round (still to be scheduled) so I suppose I did adequately. The behavioral interview was very "softball" with a partner.

Interview Questions

• Since this was candidate led, it was up to me to ask the right questions, which is more difficult than answering any one particular question.   1 Answer

Actually haven't received or declined yet, still in process.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

I had to go through 5 interviews. The first 2 with managers, followed by other 2 interviews with principals. The final one was with a partner.
    Each interview lasted about one hour and comrpised an initial introduction / motivational questions. then a business case and the last 5 minutes were dedicated to Q&A. The interviewers were nice and polite. Some cases were easy, other harder to crack.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

Very pleasant experience overall. The entire process took about two weeks.

First round- phone interview with two manager at Shanghai office. Behavior questions were standard. Two case questions are comprehensive growth case.

Final round - in personal interview at New York Office. One with the Managing Director of Greater China Office. One with a principal. One easy market entry case about e commerce. One is a tough industry good case about supply chain management

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard