A.T. Kearney Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A.T. Kearney Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at A.T. Kearney

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I was first invited to network with reps from the firm at a fancy bar in my University. This got me on their watch list as I was called for a first round interview within two weeks via the campus recruiting system. The first round was on campus - I was told that evening that I had passed the first round and was invited to Chicago for the final round interviews. The final round interviews were as difficult as any other consulting interview - 2 case interviews and one "personality" interview. The cases were the usual stream of complex business issues and one partner continuously pushed for me to give more ideas.

Interview Questions

• He asked "What else?" after I had outlined some scenarios for a business case - this happened about 4 times. It kept me on edge   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for A.T. Kearney

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney in October 2008.

Interview

The process consisted of two case interviews with two different project leader-level consultants. The first case was about sustainability while the other was about operations for a packaging company. The first interview was almost too easy, with the interviewer providing a lot of help even though I was not struggling or asking for it. The second interview was a bit tougher, but I thought I did ok. It is hard to say where I went wrong because they provided very little feedback.

Interview Questions

• What was the monetary impact of a project I was working on at a previous company? (The project involved R&D at a start-up pharmaceutical company)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

two round interview, first round is two back to back case+behavioral package. Final round is in office 2 package.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

Typical on campus recruiting at top tier schools. Interview process at undergraduate level consists of standard fit and case studies. Typically at least a couple rounds of interviews with 2-3 interviews per round.

Interview Questions

• Case study can be geared towards detailed operational type of work, which requires some knowledge of basic operations and management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Submitted my resume online through campus recruiting. Interviewed on campus with two interviews. Then was flown out to Chicago for a full day of technical, case, behavioral, and presentation interviews. Easily the toughest interview I've ever had. Interviewers were unrelenting and persistent with their questions and the depth/quality of answers expected.

Interview Questions

• Was given a technical skills interview with a program (Microsoft Access) I had never used before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not open to negotiations, but I was able to pick from six city options.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Professional process from start to finish. Interviews consisted of two back to back case questions which were difficult, but this was expected. Interviewers in general were tough but fair. Would not help with final case conclusions but definitely tried to provide guidance along the way when needed.

Interview Questions

• Second case question was on IT strategy, which was difficult as didn't have context as college student.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Well communicated and well-structured process. Everything was handled by an international recruiter who was very flexible and communicative. The interview itself was also very clear -- "you'll be doing a market sizing question now, then we'll be more qualitative" and then "these behavioural questions are designed to test how you act in different situations". Overall, everything was very expected.

Interview Questions

• Say you're a regional agricultural producer. Recently, national producers have been looking at your region. You want to find out what you should worry about. Let's start with this: what advantages do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Final Round Interview Structure:
    1 Skills Assessment Test
    - Tested your ability to use Access and Excel. The computer they gave me crashed twice so either they have a very flawed process or they don't weight it much
    3 Interviews half fit half case
    - First Interviewer is younger with basic questions
    - Second Interviewer is an engagement manager with more specific to the company questions
    - Third interviewer is a partner who just tries to have conversation to pin you down as an inspired individual
    - All case questions were market sizing estimates to test how you broke down large targets and handle assumptions
    - (My questions were: How many airplanes fly out of our airport every day? How many people ride our subway line in one day?)
    Lunch for schmoozin
    Case
    - Usually a straightforward target, but they only give you an hour to do analysis and make a presentation about it. You would be surprised how the time pressure really gave you tunnel vision
    Presentation
    - 5 to 10 minutes of presenting followed by questions asked by the team.

Interview Questions

• How many people ride the red line each day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Evanston, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online for on campus interviews, notified less than a week after applicationa and about two weeks before interview. Before the interview there was a reception and they also assign you interview buddies who help you prep. Pretty helpful. Interview was one case and one behavioral, case was on supply chain. What's cool was that even though I didn't get an offer, they called me and gave me personal feedback, which I really appreciated.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

Had an employee submit my resume.

I had a phone screen in which I was asked multiple behavioral and resume questions. The next round was two Skype rounds in which one was behavioral and one was a case question.

For the final round I flew out to New York to interview in the office. This interview consisted of meeting 3 partners. It was a terrific experience!

Everyone I met at the firm was incredibly interesting and engaging. I enjoyed speaking with everyone and learning more about the firm. The HR staff was terrific throughout the entire process.

A.T. Kearney is a firm that is growing aggressively and seems to be a terrific place to work.