A.T. Kearney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.7

1. Featured Interview

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied at a career fair. The process was fairly quick. The first round interview focused on three main areas 1) Prior Experience in Analytics 2) Behavioral fit and 3) Case. The case was a short back of the envelope calculation. This round lasted 45 mins. I heard back from the company in a couple of days and was asked to come to Chicago for a one day selection process. This consisted of an analytics assessment(on excel), three rounds of interviews and a presentation round.

Interview Questions

• Typical Behavioral Questions: Strengths, failures, why consulting, why ATK, why this position
      A few very short cases. Calculate number of beverages/fast food sold at an event etc. Some questions going in detail about previous work experience.
      The analytical assessment and presentation time have very little time.
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

Interview process consists of multiple interviews including typical case interviews and behavioral interviews (general questions about experience, leadership, etc.)
    There are 2 round interviews throughout the process
    Interviews are with managers, principals and partners

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

First round interview was pretty typical for an on-campus interview-Case and behavioral. Second round consisted of a written case and two behaviorals. The written case was deemed impossible to solve based on my conversations with fellow students- I ended up just writing numbers on the paper. The behavioral interviews were very provocative and tactless. Many questions were about my socioeconomic status growing up and things of that nature. Interviewers were arrogant. Did not receive an offer, but have to believe that may be for the best.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied off-campus for a summer internship from a part-time MBA program, but during the same timeline as the standard MBA internship recruiting cycle. They have several former part-time MBAs as consultants and had a nice process for us to get access to the firm. Apps were due in mid December and we got Interview invites in early-to-mid January. First round was in their Chicago office (part time students can't utilize on-campus intern recruiting--school rule) and consisted of 2 45-minute interviews. 1 was pure behavioral/fit and it was clear that he tried to ask questions that I may not have prepared for (slightly nonstandard questions), but he was super nice and the conversation was low-stress. The other was pure case and was standard in some ways, but this guy was more surly and also tried to present the case in a format that is a little different than the way most people prep for cases. They want to see how well you can go off script and adjust to a slight change in routine. They got me--I bombed the case and was only mediocre on the fit. One cool thing is they offered an optional practice interview the week before with a senior associate--this was helpful in the sense that it was additional practice with a little more pressure than just prep, but not helpful in the sense that the case was way easier than the one I got in the interview, so it kind of misrepresented the way I should be preparing.

Interview Questions

• What's something that you've recently become intellectually curious about?   Answer Question
    • A few "tell me about a time..." questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Following a phone screen, two in-person interviews at the office, one a case interview, the other behavioral. Note that the case interview began with a mini "tell me about yourself" exchange perhaps meant to be a warm up. Case interview was candidate led market entry problem. Not much information volunteered, but interviewer (manager level) was fairly quick to shut down unwanted branches, eg product questions. Probing on numbers and estimates given so be sure to cite your assumptions/logic/knowledge. I didn't feel I did well, although I did notice that I hit upon the key lever (after which interview quickly over!) I did progress to next round (still to be scheduled) so I suppose I did adequately. The behavioral interview was very "softball" with a partner.

Interview Questions

• Since this was candidate led, it was up to me to ask the right questions, which is more difficult than answering any one particular question.   1 Answer

Actually haven't received or declined yet, still in process.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

First round was two interviews on campus, one was behavioral and one was a case. Second round was in their office - 60 minutes written case with 20 minutes to present, followed by 2 behavioral interviews. 3 out of my 4 interviewers were extremely unfriendly and rude -- It would be awful to work with them. Overall, not impressed with ATK given the rudeness and disorganization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced something really challenging   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

- 6 interviews (over 2 rounds)
    - 5 were case style interviews and one was a fit interview
    - 1 of the case interviews was a presentation case
    - heavy towards personal style in terms of the case questions asked
    - included some need to do math

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus, got a first round interview which consisted of a case and behavioral. The behavioral was standard and easy going, mostly talked about past experience rather than "why consulting, why ATK..." and was pretty enjoyable. The case was pretty difficult, and usually is related to the background of work the interviewer has.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you did something that wasn't required of you.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

On campus recruitment; got to final round, 1:1 through the process, behavior focused but had two cases. Cases were quite real-life- had parts of market sizing Told me I was passionate enough for the job.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process.. They prioritize structure over creativity and originality. So be strucrude. They're interview process is fast.
    1. Interview with response by end of day
    2. Final interview the next day at their office.

Great staff. Actually enjoyed networking. The case is straight forward, however they tend to pick industries which aren't well known. So the questions you ask really matter.