A.T. Kearney Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A.T. Kearney Summer Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at A.T. Kearney

3.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus, got a first round interview which consisted of a case and behavioral. The behavioral was standard and easy going, mostly talked about past experience rather than "why consulting, why ATK..." and was pretty enjoyable. The case was pretty difficult, and usually is related to the background of work the interviewer has.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you did something that wasn't required of you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for A.T. Kearney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I Apply through school career online application website, about 1 weeks later after application dead line, I got short listed for interview. Scheduled the interview within give time slots. And interview is give by senior director. The interview itself is rather casual.

Interview Questions

• Why AT Kearny
      Why Consulting
      What is your previous experience.
      Behavior question related to team work and acchievement   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

1st round: phone interview, talk through behavior questions and one mini case problem
    2nd round: phone interview, talk through behavior questions
    3rd round: office interview, 3 back to back behavior and case, excel test, big case required deck building-up

Interview Questions

• Small Case: how many flights take off every day from O'hare airport?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

1st round: It took place on campus, including one case interview and one behavioral interview, each for 45 mins.
    2nd round: 2 behavioral interviews with partners, one written case interview in which a real written case is given to analyze and then do a presentation to 3 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Very traditional consulting questions. Nothing special. People are very nice and down to earth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied off-campus for a summer internship from a part-time MBA program, but during the same timeline as the standard MBA internship recruiting cycle. They have several former part-time MBAs as consultants and had a nice process for us to get access to the firm. Apps were due in mid December and we got Interview invites in early-to-mid January. First round was in their Chicago office (part time students can't utilize on-campus intern recruiting--school rule) and consisted of 2 45-minute interviews. 1 was pure behavioral/fit and it was clear that he tried to ask questions that I may not have prepared for (slightly nonstandard questions), but he was super nice and the conversation was low-stress. The other was pure case and was standard in some ways, but this guy was more surly and also tried to present the case in a format that is a little different than the way most people prep for cases. They want to see how well you can go off script and adjust to a slight change in routine. They got me--I bombed the case and was only mediocre on the fit. One cool thing is they offered an optional practice interview the week before with a senior associate--this was helpful in the sense that it was additional practice with a little more pressure than just prep, but not helpful in the sense that the case was way easier than the one I got in the interview, so it kind of misrepresented the way I should be preparing.

Interview Questions

• What's something that you've recently become intellectually curious about?   Answer Question
    • A few "tell me about a time..." questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

First round interview was pretty typical for an on-campus interview-Case and behavioral. Second round consisted of a written case and two behaviorals. The written case was deemed impossible to solve based on my conversations with fellow students- I ended up just writing numbers on the paper. The behavioral interviews were very provocative and tactless. Many questions were about my socioeconomic status growing up and things of that nature. Interviewers were arrogant. Did not receive an offer, but have to believe that may be for the best.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

First round was 45 minute behavioral interview and a 45 minute case interview. The second round was two 45 minute behavioral interviews and one 90 minute case presentation. The case presentation was rather complicated with a number of complications in cost structure and revenue streams.

Interview Questions

• If you were in a room with 10 other applicants, what would set you apart from them?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

First round interview: one 45 mins Case interview and one 45 mins Behavioral. Interviewers were different for the two interviews. They were held back to back. Both were virtual interviews. Case interview was a market sizing problem, which was not so difficult.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney in March 2014.

Interview

On-campus recruiting. Two rounds interview. Applying to international offices from US schools, so interviews are via skype/phone. Southeast Asia office HR team did pretty bad job in term of handling the whole process. The person who took care of my application quit and no one followed up. I had to send email to ask about interview schedule. Also got the official offer letter only one week before my internship started - two months after I got an offer call from HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Lafayette, IN) in February 2014.

Interview

First round interview is phone screen.
    Behavior questions I prepared : why consultant, why A.T.Kearney/PAS.
    Be prepared for both technical and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between direct and indirect categories   Answer Question