A&P Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A&P Interview Questions

1.9

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

The recruiters were very prompt in response time and very informative. Potential employers were very welcoming and personable. They were able to connect me with the exact superiors that I would be working for and the interview process was direct.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think your strength lie in bettering the company's outlook   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A&P.

Interview

I basically just went to the front end, she directed me to the manager. We sat down and he basically hired me on the spot he just wanted to know what days I could work and when I was available.

Anonymous Employee in Seaside Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A&P (Seaside Heights, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

No Interview. Part of a mission trip where I Stayed in Seaside Heights for three months. A&P was a grocery store that had hired people in the past so I looked into it. I was hired immediately.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at A&P (Montvale, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Very brief and informal. No questions off the cuff, all were written on a workbook with lines available for the interviewer to write down your answers. There were two people interviewing me, both were dressed down almost to a fault.

Interview Questions

• What is one of you weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A&P (Mahwah, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief, lacking informative content and incomplete. Interviewer was well versed in deflecting and referring decisions as being made "in Montvale". Among the worst interviews I've ever experienced. No value for time except that the interviewer had "other things to do". Had I not spoken with several employees prior to the interview I might have looked elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A&P.

Interview

One interview unless there was some sort of body language fail. Or if you fail to be truthful. Then you will interview with another specialist. The second specialist may ask similar questions but may/will know that the initial specialist was hesitant to hire you.

Interview Questions

• It's there anything that i need to know about that will show up on your background check?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where.....(relate an apprehension when)....?   Answer Question
    • Would you like a bottle of water?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation(unless there is a. Either you accept their rate of pay or you don't accept the job.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belvidere, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A&P (Belvidere, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Received a tour around the store explaining different positions and different departments. Brought into a small office and was interviewed one on one with store manager. After the interview i was offered the job and was told i could start training within the next 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see this company in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Dairy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A&P (Midland Park, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Easy ... Pretty much went in asked a few dumb questions and got the job nothing special at all ..........took them forever to call me back ...drug test results took about 3 days .. Make sure u keep calling them

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A&P (Randolph, NJ).

Interview

Had to make numerous efforts to get into my position with A&P to prove that I wanted the position. When I came in for the interview I was hired and had 24 hours to take the drug test. Within 36 hours I started my position with A&P.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, highly routine.   Answer Question

Cashier/Deli/Grocer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at A&P.

Interview

Got in contact with the manager and he offer me a job, he told me to apply online, I applied and I got hired, then I went back to the store and asked me a couple of questions to get to know me, he told how much I was going to get pay and he submit the paperwork