A-dec Layout Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Layout Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at A-dec (Newberg, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

We started with an hour long phone interview, followed by a panel interview with (4) seperate teams, including a facility tour. The final interview was a personal interview over lunch, lasting 2 hours. All interviews were great, providing great feedback and volunteering innovative ideas for the net new position. I was offered and accepted the position, following the third interview. A written offer letter, providing commitment of salary, position, manager, start date, etc. My start date was delayed because I was pregnant and planning a 6 week maternity leave. Everyone was supportive and on board with this delay, until my baby was born early and I offered to start a couple weeks early. I was called the next day and told that they were pulling the job from me, with absolutely no explanation. I tried to reach out to the immediate supervisor, as well as the background reference firm, and noone was allowed to provide me a reason as to the change. I assume it was a budget cut, as this was a net new position for their company, but I could not say for certain. All I did hear was that my final employment screening, as drug screening and feedback from references had nothing to do with this decision.
This was one of the most unproffesional business encounters that I had ever experienced! That a written offer letter and all subsequent arrangements were made, then to pull the position, with no explanation. Unheard of!