Interview Question

Office Engineer Interview

-Costa Mesa, CA

Clark Construction Group

A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

81 Answers

The penguin says "Stop asking stupid interview questions"

Ben on

He's a Linux consultant (either Mexican or returning from a Mexican vacation) and is going to ask for directions and access to the server rooms so he can get to work.

Jack on

Complaining about global warming.?!

Mil on

Well, this the last time I'll use the Apple Maps program . . .

Susan on

Necesito un poco de hielo por favor

Tim on

Did your secretary slip something into my coffee?

Jay on

"Those seals really know how to party!"

Ha on

Buenos Dios amigos. Do you have any ice?

robert on

I was obviously thrown off by the question and felt it was irrelevant. I answered with, "Where's the sun screen?"

Anonymous on

Hi, my name is Tux and I'm here to take over your IT department.

Joe on

I would ask the interviewer: "An African or European penguin?"

JS on

"Got Ice"

Gary on

i guess I dont speak penguin to really understand what it said.

Drj on

Salsa really doesn't go well with herring.

yuli on

He says: Most people will not answer both questions. And he is here because you brought him with your imagination, please take him back to his home and lets start the real interview.

ektormelendez on

So, you don't do drug testing here, huh?

KMR on

"Trick or Treat"

Me on

Location must be at the tip of Argentina or Chile, unless the penguin got stuck on a floating iceberg in which case he could be coming ashore nearly anyplace. Theoretically.

EdHP on

How is my outfit ?

Jyothsna on

He asked "is it 5'oclock yet?". He is here because he's the company's mascot and has been specially trained to make frozen margaritas in the walk-in freezer.

Anonymous on

"Am I South of the Border yet?" The penguin was obviously travelling back home to the South Pole and, thinking he already reached Mexico, wore the sombrero to blend in.

James P Regan, CPA MIS on

He wouldn't say anything. He is a penguin. Probably there because he's a party favor that got loose and waddled in. It is also awesome.

DTB on

@PK - not necessarily. Did you ever witness a deboarding of a plane from Cancun or any other vacation destination during spring break? There are quite a few college kids, who I'm sure continued their party on the plane, getting off wearing those gaudy souvenir sombreros. You would actually implicate yourself by assuming that.

ken on

He's obviously flown in from Mexico for the job interview. "I hear you are an equal opportunity employer?" he says delightedly, "I'm not so good with heights but I make wonderful margueritas"

Trudy on

Penguin: "Holy crap! Vegas is amazing! Hookers, gambling, drinking games AND job interviews!"

Alex Marshall on

"Excuse me — I was told the dress was business casual. Anyway, I'm here to tell you about the great benefits package we offer."

jake3_14 on

"I knew I should have made that left turn at Albequerque!"

Brad on

There is an upside even in global warming: margaritas y chiquitas. Hola!

Paul Tudor Oprea on

What does he say? "does this suit make my hat look too big?" Why is he here? "he desired some constructive criticism"

KS in NYC on

Clark Construction can you build me an insulated igloo with air conditioning. I just moved to Mexico and it is too damned hot.

bware on

Penguin says: The Batman is annoying *Batman saves the world from being penguin-ated*

sid on

penguin doesnt speak

neha j on

You're hired.

Vic on

I don't friggin care what the penguin says. I just found a talking penguin. I'm rich!

R Pilli on

The penguin says: "Hey, have any of you guys seen my brother?" Then I say: "I don't know - what's he look like?"

Mongo only pawn on

Sorry, I told him to wait in the van.

John on

"Perdone, ¿dónde está el baño?"

J. Acklin on

He would ask "Wha-a-at a-are yo-o-u smo-o-oking?" ;)

Igor on

"You are hired, and no more questions for the day"

Anonymous on

He's your power animal, you brought him here. He only said one word..."slide!" He's fight clubbing himself...we got a fight clubber!

Dawn on

Hi, dudes! You have drunk a lot of kefir yesterday. (a voice could be bass)

Evgeniy on

Sharp healthcare

"Where's my fish taco?"

Phil T. Sanchez on

“It’s too damn hot for a penguin to be just walking around”

Billy Madison on

Penguins can't speak in a language I can understand. But if it could speak english, the penguin would probably say "That was one hell of a party the HR department had last night, am I late?"

Mike on

The penguin would say "don't be afraid that I can walk through doors. Here, put this sombrero on. You're hired."

Chloe on

it's me the thing you have feared all your life... this is not a dream I am real

Jean d'Arc on

In the 3rd answer, PK indicated that " the question might violate HR compliance with federal and state law." I don't know about that, but it got me thinking about the motivation for the question - and here's my guess. It is quite possible that they are asking the question to find out if you might stereotype Mexicans - and stereotyping probably means that you are prejudiced - which in turn - means that you will not likely work well on a construction job site.

Dennis on

He says, "I'm here to do the cha cha, and I'm here to take your money." If a fantasy-type question is asked, I'm allowed a fantasy-type answer, correct?

Shane on

Business on bottom (tux) and all party on top.

Tom on

Here's a useful answer: The use of the term Sombrero implies a particular ethnicity or nationality therefore to answer the question might violate HR compliance with federal and state law.

PK on

oh, sorry to bother you, do you know where i can find the mexican themed black-tie event that's going on somewhere around here?

sean on

"Hola, soy Nieves. Necesito regresar al Polo Sur. Puedes ayudame?"

Toni on

Do you have the time? I think I'm late for my movie.

You're hired

Anonymous on

Does it really matters?????? Whatever the penguin says, we are not going to understand a bit.

Swati on

"Kill me"

Evan on

penguin wants to be the first to congratulate me on my selection

shoaib on

"Is this club pinguin ? how do I get back".... clubpenguin.com

Dani Din on

Having put 12 years in a Catholic School, I was surrounded by Penguin's on a daily basis. Our Spanish teacher was the only one who would have worn a sombrero, but I don't think that she was a he/she. Classmate Sue, on the other hand, could get me to salute on a daily basis. If she walked in wearing a sombrero and holding a pinata, I would salute that too. Humor and Reality. Feed the interviewer something like this, and you could be a Supervisor. Just say it with a straight face.

Raven on

oops, i entered into a wrong room. you can carry on.

sam on

Buenos dias. I need to build an Igloo. Am I in the right place?

sanoj on

He (the penguin) indicates that I've fallen asleep and I'm having a strange dream in which I'm being asked stupid interview questions by a pretentious HR person who is trying to look clever.

Jon Mark on

If the penguin is walking into the room where the interview is taking place one could assume he was the CEO if he has the audacity to wear a sombrero. Therefore, I imagine he would say upon seeing my smiling face, "Hire this man immediately and double - no, triple his salary!

Jim B. on

"You know, if you wanted your candidate to wear a tux, there are far cheaper ways of getting the point across."

jason on

Adios! See you next week when I'm back from vacation in Mexico.

"i quit"

Anonymous on

"Someone here drank WAY too much last night"

Mr Hallucination on

I may look different to you but I am 100% capable of completing my job duties.

Anonymous on

penguin said that outside temperatures are high and so that he was here in the room which had air condition.

naveen varada on

"Where the tequila?" - he's obviously on vacation!

Anonymous on

I assume he is there to steal my Bud Ice, and probably is singing "Do-be do-be do". The sombrero is irrelevant.

Allison on

I'll be back :-)

Minerva on

"Hola!" He is a lost and stranded sound engineer for a Def Leppard reunion tour looking for an inexpensive Sony multichannel digital tape recorder.

jwo on

jwo on

Penguins don't talk, but his or her body language communicates confidence in this company. I'd guess the costumed penguin is here for some promotion... speaking of promotions...

Charles.. .. on

I am not aware yet of why he's here . He has not told me yet.He says "hello" and I say "hello madamoiselle".

Bianca on

Just to waddle in and show off his new hat

Carla Stanfield on

I had a silly woman asked me during an interview who is my favorite super hero and why... I wanted to answer her question truthfully and get up and leave. What a moran? No brain.

anonymous, Atlanta on

Have you accepted the Lord Jesus into your heart?

anon on

Good evening, I am here to keep forward with the interview, are you ready? By the way you will need a sombrero.

Sandy on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.