A123 Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Had a recruiter helping me with finding a suitable position. Interview was set in a few days. The interview lasted about forty five minutes to an hour. The interview was a one on one with the hiring manager. He seemed technically strong and nice in his attitude. Felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical and past experiences. Tools used etc   1 Answer

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romulus, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Romulus, MI).

Interview

There was none.just a bunch of radom questions that made no sense by people who made no sense. you could have told them anything which I did a they will accept it.Was the most amazing thig I have ever seen.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at A123 Systems.

Interview

They set up an interview, I took time off...NO ONE on A123's part bothered to show up...TWICE. Show a small amount of professionalism. They seem to have issues with personal jumping ship, no wonder. I've never seen a company try to recruit from other firms by treating them like crap.

Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Livonia, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

one hour intensive technical interview focusing mainly on what is written in the resume and some out of resume question. They went into the very minute details and didn't talk about the bigger picture of the role

Interview Questions

• a room has two divisions. one contain three incandescent bulbs and the other division contains 3 switches. how would you recognize which one belongs to which one, provided that you can go and see the other division once.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and on-site interview. During phone interview, she just confirmed my schedule. Important is on-site, there were 2 directors, and ask me some question from each directors. It was very simple interview, no any specific condition.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me yourself.
      2.Check my job
      3.Do you know DVP-R
      4.When can you start working here?   Answer Question

Business Systems Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at A123 Systems.

Interview

They utilize Recruiting firms for the initial interview. Be aware they use several. I had to go to the recruiter’s office and interview there before I was submitted.

Although local, they requested a phone interview for the 2nd interview. It was basic questions but I was able to lead the talk away from the list of questions to an overall discussion about the position.

Interview Questions

Basically it did not feel right. Everything from the company utilizing every recruiting firm they could find to preferring to have a phone interview over a face-to-face interview.

I felt they had a superiority complex. They acted like it was a privilege to work for them. It was a privilege they called you for an interview. They also thought you should accommodate them 100%. They also were looking for the “unicorn”. That is, they were looking for an individual with expertise in several areas and would not settle for less. It seemed they wanted a person to fill several roles within the organization and pay at a mediocre level. It shows how much credibility the put in the Information Technology organization. Clearly they were thinking IT was a cost center and should minimize it wherever they could. They did not see IT as way to gain competitive advantage.

Most notably, it was a review by a colleague who worked there in the past. Her experience was at A123 was “bad and I wouldn't wish on anyone”.

She also questioned the leadership and the overall viability of the company on a go-forward basis.

Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Novi, MI).

Interview

Initially, a phone interview to review primary details. A group interview, generally consisting of the hiring manager, HR manager, and other managers that the position would interact with. Finally, an interview with the hiring manager's manager. The interview questions did not appear to be well thought out, nor did the other interviewers (other than the hiring manager) seem well prepared (more like they were just going through the motions to appease some HR requirement.

Temp to Perm Assignment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Interviewed for a temp to hire position in December of 2009. Interview was at Novi location and we had to move conference rooms at least once. Met with 2 recruiters during first interview for about 30-60 minutes. Had a second round interview shortly thereafter meeting with the Plant Manager and HR Rep. Again had to move conference rooms at least once. Agency left a message that I did not get the assignment. Did not hear from anyone at A123.

6 months later the agency called me back about the position because the person they had chosen was not working out. (Come to find out it was an employee referral). Was told I was going to have a phone interview with the Employment Specialist on a Saturday. Never received a call. Then got a call from the agency that they wanted to set up a third interview. Met with the same 2 Recrutiers, the Employment Specialist & HR Rep from corporate, the HR Manager and the Director of HR.

Company was just getting up and running in Michigan so atmosphere was filled with excitement and high hopes.

Was brought in on a temp to perm assignment.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview process was very informal and non-structured.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The temp to perm assignment did not allow for negotiation

Disappointing Visit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Livonia, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Standard overall. Come in an talk to some HR folks then have a review of experience and knowledge as it relates to their projects. Nothing special, didn't get a second interview though they mentioned that would be the next step if first interview was "successful."

Process Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romulus, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Romulus, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Still waiting on the outcome of the in house position applied for. It could take up to 3 weeks to find out.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about A123?   2 Answers