A123 Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A123 Systems Interview Questions

2.5

Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Livonia, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

one hour intensive technical interview focusing mainly on what is written in the resume and some out of resume question. They went into the very minute details and didn't talk about the bigger picture of the role

Interview Questions

• a room has two divisions. one contain three incandescent bulbs and the other division contains 3 switches. how would you recognize which one belongs to which one, provided that you can go and see the other division once.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Watertown, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

Had a decent interview. Even the hiring manager asked what is your interest level. I said I am definitely interested. He also mentioned that I am their top candidate. Got the offer after 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do think is good way to go in this direction of work?   Answer Question

Sr Mgr - NPD Procurement and Supplier Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Hopkinton, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

Went through a telephone screen.
    Then met with 5 people over a 4 hour period.
    The interview was thorough and tough.
    My initial impression was it would be a good place to work.
    People were intelligent and very nice.
    Unfortunately the follow up after the interview was atrocious.
    Not all interview candidates are a good fit with a company.
    If that was the case, then the company owes it to the candidate to be told as much.
    But my follow up phone calls were not returned
    E-Mail request for feedback or status were ignored.
    My initial impression was wrong.
    They could offer me 2X of my former salary.
    I'd never work there based upon my terrible interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would go about getting a cost down for this particular assembly.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

One phone interview. Took a while to get the in-person interview (delays on their part). The on-site interview involved four separate interviews. During the interviews I learned that I was going up against 2 internal candidates. Looks like I was the token outside applicant, as one of the insiders got the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked technical details of a project I worked on ages ago.   1 Answer

Process Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romulus, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Romulus, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Still waiting on the outcome of the in house position applied for. It could take up to 3 weeks to find out.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about A123?   2 Answers

Manufacturing Engineering Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A123 Systems in November 2011.

Interview

During my second interview the hiring manager asked me how I would handle direct reports that felt burned out by the amount of hours they worked. RED FLAG The other person asked me to describe the most IMPRESSIVE problem I solved and repeated this five times. Hmmmm, do I really want to work for these "types" of people. HELL NO. I almost left the interview at that point. I invested two visits and the company didn't even send me a kiss off email. Avoid this company at all costs. Life is too short.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with direct reports that felt burned out by the amount of hours they worked.   1 Answer

Docoment Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Waltham, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

Interviewed in September 2008 and declined interest.
    Interviewed via company request in February 2009 and was offered position but company withdrew offer when I requested an early hours schedule.

Interview Questions

• why do you feel you can do this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Position was offered but one manager withdrew because of schedule hours I requested.

Chief Technology Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2009.

Interview

Firstly Video Interview, then face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the manufacture process according to your previous experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

be confidence!

Disappointing Visit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Livonia, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Standard overall. Come in an talk to some HR folks then have a review of experience and knowledge as it relates to their projects. Nothing special, didn't get a second interview though they mentioned that would be the next step if first interview was "successful."

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Had a recruiter helping me with finding a suitable position. Interview was set in a few days. The interview lasted about forty five minutes to an hour. The interview was a one on one with the hiring manager. He seemed technically strong and nice in his attitude. Felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical and past experiences. Tools used etc   1 Answer