A123 Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A123 Systems Interview Questions

2.5

Disappointing Visit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Livonia, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Standard overall. Come in an talk to some HR folks then have a review of experience and knowledge as it relates to their projects. Nothing special, didn't get a second interview though they mentioned that would be the next step if first interview was "successful."

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Had a recruiter helping me with finding a suitable position. Interview was set in a few days. The interview lasted about forty five minutes to an hour. The interview was a one on one with the hiring manager. He seemed technically strong and nice in his attitude. Felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical and past experiences. Tools used etc   1 Answer

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romulus, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Romulus, MI).

Interview

There was none.just a bunch of radom questions that made no sense by people who made no sense. you could have told them anything which I did a they will accept it.Was the most amazing thig I have ever seen.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at A123 Systems.

Interview

They set up an interview, I took time off...NO ONE on A123's part bothered to show up...TWICE. Show a small amount of professionalism. They seem to have issues with personal jumping ship, no wonder. I've never seen a company try to recruit from other firms by treating them like crap.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and on-site interview. During phone interview, she just confirmed my schedule. Important is on-site, there were 2 directors, and ask me some question from each directors. It was very simple interview, no any specific condition.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me yourself.
      2.Check my job
      3.Do you know DVP-R
      4.When can you start working here?   Answer Question

Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Livonia, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

one hour intensive technical interview focusing mainly on what is written in the resume and some out of resume question. They went into the very minute details and didn't talk about the bigger picture of the role

Interview Questions

• a room has two divisions. one contain three incandescent bulbs and the other division contains 3 switches. how would you recognize which one belongs to which one, provided that you can go and see the other division once.   Answer Question

Business Systems Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at A123 Systems.

Interview

They utilize Recruiting firms for the initial interview. Be aware they use several. I had to go to the recruiter’s office and interview there before I was submitted.

Although local, they requested a phone interview for the 2nd interview. It was basic questions but I was able to lead the talk away from the list of questions to an overall discussion about the position.

Interview Questions

Basically it did not feel right. Everything from the company utilizing every recruiting firm they could find to preferring to have a phone interview over a face-to-face interview.

I felt they had a superiority complex. They acted like it was a privilege to work for them. It was a privilege they called you for an interview. They also thought you should accommodate them 100%. They also were looking for the “unicorn”. That is, they were looking for an individual with expertise in several areas and would not settle for less. It seemed they wanted a person to fill several roles within the organization and pay at a mediocre level. It shows how much credibility the put in the Information Technology organization. Clearly they were thinking IT was a cost center and should minimize it wherever they could. They did not see IT as way to gain competitive advantage.

Most notably, it was a review by a colleague who worked there in the past. Her experience was at A123 was “bad and I wouldn't wish on anyone”.

She also questioned the leadership and the overall viability of the company on a go-forward basis.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romulus, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Romulus, MI) in July 2010.

Interview

Basic interview lots of yes no questions. They really didn't look like they were to prepared for the interview. I was forced to wait in the lobby for about 15 minutes. I was in the interview for about 10 minutes they came at me with a lot of easy to answer questions... I feel that companies should be judged on how well they interview because is is a direct reflection of how their company operates.

Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at A123 Systems (Novi, MI).

Interview

Initially, a phone interview to review primary details. A group interview, generally consisting of the hiring manager, HR manager, and other managers that the position would interact with. Finally, an interview with the hiring manager's manager. The interview questions did not appear to be well thought out, nor did the other interviewers (other than the hiring manager) seem well prepared (more like they were just going through the motions to appease some HR requirement.

Manager Interview

Interview

One phone interview. Took a while to get the in-person interview (delays on their part). The on-site interview involved four separate interviews. During the interviews I learned that I was going up against 2 internal candidates. Looks like I was the token outside applicant, as one of the insiders got the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked technical details of a project I worked on ages ago.   1 Answer