AAR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AAR (Wood Dale, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The process was fast and very professional. They flew me to Chicago to interview at their world headquarters in Wood Dale, IL. Gorgeous facility. Lovely people. Great work. Growing company. It was literally an amazing opportunity but it just was not the right time to make a career move.

Applied - Sunday
    Phone Screen - Monday
    F2F - following Monday
    Job Offer - Friday

Interview Questions

• basic questions about my background   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AAR (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews.

One on phone: Just walk me through your resume? why you want this job?

Second one in person with 3 different people. Very easy just open communication. I felt I was over prepared.

Interview Questions

• Q) Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co worker, how did you solve it? Q) Tell me about a time you failed?   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AAR (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

one on one about 20 minutes. asked what you wanted, what hours you would work, and simple aircraft questions you learned in school. Not a stressful interview by any means.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AAR (Wood Dale, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Appointment with 3 people, only 2 showed up, 1 was not well and the other (VP HR) was distracted watching people through the glass in the conference room and looked uncomfortable having to listen to me. The one that did not show up was too busy doing the job I was interviewing for. I was told by the VP HR that this was an immediate hire as the temp did not work out. I said "Great" I can start immediately. Then she asked for salary requirements, and the conversation went the other way. She then said I would need to come back in 2 to 3 weeks and meet with several other people.

I had already told the recruiter on the telephone my salary requirements, and if it was too much they should not waste my time by bringing me in.

Lastly, the VP HR should not have said it was an immediate hire then turn around and say 2-3 weeks; can't be that urgent. I do not expect to hear from them again.

Interview Questions

• Just wanted my background which is exactly what they asked for on the job description or I would not have applied.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AAR (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Process went well. very professional staff. I met with three interviewers. They all took the time to tell me about the company and what a typical day would be like from their working perspective.

Interview Questions

• What was I looking for in my next role and why did I feel their role would be a good fit for me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Worked through an agency. They worked directly with the company.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AAR (Wood Dale, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through company website. Initial phone screen was with HR. I was then invited to come in and meet with the hiring manager and another analyst in the department. Very straight forward interviews, not a ton of behavioral questions. It was more experience based and what I could contribute to the team. After round 1, I was invited back to meet with the VP of the department. I received an offer the next day.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AAR (Wood Dale, IL).

Interview

met with several people, mostly women. they were all very nice and I did not feel in any way uneasy. Although it was a little nerve wracking.

Interview Questions

• don't remember exactly. Basically about my experience, can I work with a team, do I mind working on the weekends sometimes, best and worst attributes.   Answer Question

Sheet Metal Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AAR (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

they call you on the phone and ask a few job related questions, if i remember correctly they also asked about other experiences you have had at different companies. test questions were multiple choice as well.

Interview Questions

• what is used to neutralize iodine?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AAR (Wood Dale, IL).

Interview

Is was invited to interview with 2 managers for 2 different positions. The HR rep I was working with was not good at following through. I was told I would get a call by a certain time and day about 3 times. 2 days after, I found myself contacting them because we had to reschedule a time to talk. Eventually I made it in for the interviews. After the first manager, HR comes back in and tells me the other is stuck in a meeting and we would have to reschedule. 3 weeks passed and I haven't heard back despite numerous attempts to try and get that second interview.

Interview Questions

• Are there any policies or procedures you've implemented, in your previous jobs, that proved to be financially beneficial to the company? If so, describe them.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AAR (Largo, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Meet with HR, Lead and Supervisor. Two separate interviews, lead and supervisor explained job responsibilities and gave floor tour. HR face to face interview, asked about previous work experience and background.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer