AARP Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AARP Intern Interview Questions

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

Over the phone and in person. Deepen the questions as you narrow the field: Subsequent interviews with finalists are valuable opportunities to learn more about them. Consider adding "show me" exercises such as a strategic planning exercise or a "walk me through what you'd do" activity involving a real business challenge the individual would be facing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly wanted me to elaborate on my resume and writing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AARP

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

Applied through university career website, got the interview the next day.

Casual setting, many behavioral questions and other questions on the company and its mission

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Pasadena, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone call followed by an in-person Interview, they did a video-conference with another hiring manager located in Northern California. The interviewer made me feel relaxed and at ease, the questions did not involve any curve-balls.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

Spoke with a person in HR before I had an interview with my supervisor.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AARP (Miami, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was very quick and transparent. Notified within a few days to interview and offered position one day after in-person meeting. Met everyone in the office and the environment was very welcoming. Usual amount of paper work and drug testing required. Overall a good process that is efficient and direct.

Interview Questions

• Questions were a mix of experience based and situational. The most difficult questions came towards the end of the interview. Overall they were answerable but just required time to think about the best thing to say.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

Simple process with only one interview by my manager and another co-worker. Screening interview with recruiter prior to this. Could be very different for someone coming into the company as a full time employee. When transferred to full time I only had an interview with HR, as I had been working with my manager for 2 years.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of describing my previous experience in depth and highlighting which skills were relevant to the job that I was applying to. I also had to describe my software experience and go over my resume in depth with the interviewer. I had behavioral questions and had to answer a few questions concerning information that would be necessary on the job!

Intern Interview

Interview

After a screening phone interview in early spring, the HR said the accounting department is under re-organization so they won't have any interns during the summer. At the early June, the same HR contacted me again to set up an interview. I went in, a pretty conversational interview with my manager and got the offer right way, At the end of interview, he is actually showing me around and meeting people.

Interview Questions

• They actually asked about my cover letter, which I wrote 6 month ago and can't remember what I had put in there.... so better go back and check everything you sent to them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AARP in May 2012.

Interview

Before the interview, I did some research about this organization (e.g. history, mission, structure, etc). But that turned out to be not so useful as the interviewers didn't ask us (it's a group interview) about what we knew about the organization. On that day, there were around 5 interviewees, and each of us talked about ourselves and why we applied for this position. Then the interviewers told us about the job duties and some facts about the organization. It was pretty easy.