AARP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AARP (SeaTac, WA).

Interview

Phone interviewer was delightful and I got moved up to a face to face interview with a panel. I thought I did well if over qualified. No further communication after the interview...no thanks but no thanks...nothing. I find this rude behavior after I spent a morning driving down to SeaTac. This type of interview behavior has to stop.

50+ Market Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AARP in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online through AARP's website in February 2017. The organization reached back to me late March 2017 for a phone panel interview with the market research team. Ultimately withdrew application upon receiving an offer from a different organization.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in marketing research?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were a leader of a project or a group? What were the results.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were tasked with planning a project? How did you go about planning and what were the results.   Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within 10 days for an initial phone screen. That went well, and they scheduled me to come in for an in-person interview with 2 people within the week. The in-person interview lasted about an hour and included set questions but was also conversational. I was provided with benefits information before the interview as well. Throughout the process, everyone was friendly and helpful. After the interview, I followed up with my HR contact a couple times, but never heard back about the status of my application (it's now been about a month since the interview). This greatly surprises me, as up until that point the contact was good about communicating with me. Because of this, I will think twice about applying at such an organization again.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the more stressful times in your life and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Manager of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a VP and a SVP. The interview was a one on one format. It was a very laid back interview with a lot of probing questions. The questions from the VP were very detailed and required that you pay close attention that was being said.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities of a good manager and what do you do on a daily basis to exemplify those qualities?   Answer Question

Digital Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is basically a personality interview that isn't particularly well planned. They do focus on some questions about how you would address specific problems, but aren't really prepared with follow up questions or a specific style that they would like. It was all a bit disorganized several people were late to the interview at their specific times and some repeated questions that had been asked. More than anything they left me with a bad impression of professional standards and ability of the people for whom I would be working.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AARP (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with HR. They got back in touch via email and said I was one of the finalists and arranged another interview, this time with the supervisor. They provide a list of questions in advance of the supervisors call where I had to talk about various experiences and how they would benefit them. After talking with the supervisor, he said they would get back in touch. He did, via email.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest projects and how did you get the team involved?   1 Answer

National Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews with a panel of reviewers made up of senior staff. The panel came with questions about all aspects of the organization. They also wanted to know what changes I would institute.

Interview Questions

• Why is this the right job for you?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

Phone interview - poorly handled by a contractor, who was nice enough but lacked many significant details about the job and didn't ask much other than the standard stuff. Plus… she told me she had also applied for this same job! Ethical conflict doesn't seem the right way to leave a good impression with your candidate pool, AARP.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen went. Panel interview. After taking my time to interview, I never heard back from anyone. I thought they would have been a little professionally (especially in HR). Given the reputation of AARP, I would have expected more!

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AARP in May 2015.

Interview

I am a little frustrated with their hiring process. I applied for a job about 6 weeks ago and was reached out immediately. Then a month later I had my first interview with an HR person via telephone. The phone interview went pretty well and at the end of the interview I was told that I will next be interviewed by the VP of the department. Despite writing a nice thank you email and a follow up email about a week after the thank you email was sent, I never heard back from the company.