AARP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AARP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.7

Program Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AARP in March 2013.

Interview

30 minute phone interview (HR Screening) followed by a 60 minute 1 on 1 with the hiring manager, followed by a 60 minute panel interview with 5 or so individuals.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral style interview questions. Tell me about a time when you (demonstrated x skill), for example.   1 Answer

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was extremely helpful, both the in-person mad phone interviews were informative and conducted in an organized manner. Interviewed with a wide range of individuals giving a broad overview of both the organization and the specific position.

Interview Questions

• All questions were relevant and straight forward   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen went. Panel interview. After taking my time to interview, I never heard back from anyone. I thought they would have been a little professionally (especially in HR). Given the reputation of AARP, I would have expected more!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

The interview process is in 3-4 parts. The first interview is a brief walk through your résumé. The second interview is a lengthy phone interview with a direct manager/state director. The next interview is a panel interview of 5 people with a 30 minute exercise involved. The final interview was another, albeit more brief call with the state director. Very lengthy, and anxiety building process.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you failed in your previous positions.   Answer Question

Manager of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a VP and a SVP. The interview was a one on one format. It was a very laid back interview with a lot of probing questions. The questions from the VP were very detailed and required that you pay close attention that was being said.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities of a good manager and what do you do on a daily basis to exemplify those qualities?   Answer Question

National Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews with a panel of reviewers made up of senior staff. The panel came with questions about all aspects of the organization. They also wanted to know what changes I would institute.

Interview Questions

• Why is this the right job for you?   1 Answer

Creative Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and the staff were very professional. I highly recomend this company as I had a great experience. I wish I was offered the job, but I felt that I was treated really well through the process.

Senior Advisor/Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

Was initially brought in by Human Resources, they organized a panel interview as well as one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. The final round was with the head of the business unit. HR was on top of things, even though the process was slower than I expected.

Interview Questions

• All interviews required quick thinking and responses. The interviewers from different backgrounds and had different perspectives.   Answer Question

Negotiation

AARP knew my expectations and matched it. I negotiated on few aspects. In hindsight I would have negotiated the title and the vacation time.

Graduate Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

After receiving a response from an online ad, I submitted my resume and was invited to an in person interview. There was a 20-minute exercise after which I was asked to explain my reasoning etc.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had a conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Channel Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

Hiring is long and extremely complicated. The HR department is pretty incompetent so many people come in through friends or as contractors.

Interview Questions

• What is the lowest salary you will accept?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Converting from contractor to full time was a complex negotiation