AARP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AARP Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.7

Manager Interview

Interview

Good interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Decent

Intern Interview

Interview

After a screening phone interview in early spring, the HR said the accounting department is under re-organization so they won't have any interns during the summer. At the early June, the same HR contacted me again to set up an interview. I went in, a pretty conversational interview with my manager and got the offer right way, At the end of interview, he is actually showing me around and meeting people.

Interview Questions

• They actually asked about my cover letter, which I wrote 6 month ago and can't remember what I had put in there.... so better go back and check everything you sent to them.   Answer Question

Vice President, Strategic Alliances Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AARP in July 2012.

Interview

Very slow process. They want to be fast moving, but they aren't. It seems to me if you want to change corporate culture you would indeed emulate that during the process. Have to know someone to get the job - network is the only way in. The recruiter didn't even know about the COO telling them who to hire - seems to be a waste of time for everyone.

Editorial Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

A high-up and experienced editor is in charge of hiring interns and did the one-on-one interview with me in the AARP Magazine office in Washington, DC. She asked about my experience and my writing skills. It was a very comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

• She asked about my writing process: how I research and write my stories, and she asked how I am at pitching stories.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not very flexible when negotiating less hours, which made it difficult as a student. I know a friend of mine that would have been a great member of their team had to turn down the position because they weren't flexible with their hours.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

Applied through university career website, got the interview the next day.

Casual setting, many behavioral questions and other questions on the company and its mission

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

One interview with site Treasury Director / Sr. Controller and departmental manager.

Interview Questions

• Did I know a joke I could share?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Negotiations took place between staffing agency and myself.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AARP in June 2010.

Interview

Rather painless interview process, it consisted of a pre-screening, and onsite interview with three different people. I also completed a personality questionnaire. From start to finish, the process took approximately two months.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to read a case study in advance. I also completed a writing test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a higher salary. I did not offer up my salary requirements, and I would encourage others to do the same.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn with a resume and cover letter. Phone interview with talent manager went really well. Brought in for an interview with VP and team manager, extremely revenue driven. The building was huge, walking through the various floors, departments, and hallways, I just got a disconnected vibe—no smiles, no nods, no acknowledgement for another human being in an elevator with you, nothing. That didn't read super promising for a welcoming work environment.

Intern Interview

Interview

Over the phone and in person. Deepen the questions as you narrow the field: Subsequent interviews with finalists are valuable opportunities to learn more about them. Consider adding "show me" exercises such as a strategic planning exercise or a "walk me through what you'd do" activity involving a real business challenge the individual would be facing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly wanted me to elaborate on my resume and writing.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Interview

Case Study, phone and in person, they were short on time because had to pick up a relative from airport which made me feel like I was short shrifted and not given a fair process