AARP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.7

Strategy and Performance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Call you to set up a time for phone screening. And recruiter will call you at that time, go through the resume, ask two behavior question, and make sure you have experience on their requirements.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you succeeded in an initiative by collaborating with others   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you got results when others tried and failed   Answer Question

Online Community Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I interviewed with the manager of the online community and she was super friendly and open to answer any question I had. I didn't feel intimidated. There was no panel and I was notified same day that I had gotten the position. I love that the process is super fast.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you can contribute to the online community team?   Answer Question

Student Contractor Interview

Interview

Simple phone interview with manager. Was asked general questions about my experience and knowledge. Also asked personal questions about my extracurricular interests. Brief 30 min phone call nothing technical.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Mine was a one on one interview. Basic Standard questions but the behavioral questions are tough. You need to have answers prepped and rehearsed. Managers and above will most likely be a panel interview. HR hands them questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were at a meeting and you wish you would have spoken up and WHY?   Answer Question
    • If you were a car, what kind of car would you be and why?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AARP (SeaTac, WA).

Interview

Phone interviewer was delightful and I got moved up to a face to face interview with a panel. I thought I did well if over qualified. No further communication after the interview...no thanks but no thanks...nothing. I find this rude behavior after I spent a morning driving down to SeaTac. This type of interview behavior has to stop.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Very conversational. The people very friendly. It was like a panel discussion. I was impressed by the quality of people who work there. Highly recommend. Be prepared to answer behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AARP?   1 Answer

50+ Market Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AARP in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online through AARP's website in February 2017. The organization reached back to me late March 2017 for a phone panel interview with the market research team. Ultimately withdrew application upon receiving an offer from a different organization.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in marketing research?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were a leader of a project or a group? What were the results.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were tasked with planning a project? How did you go about planning and what were the results.   Answer Question

Business Optimization Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online, had a preliminary interview phone call where I talked to the manager about my resume, and general desires to work at AARP and the position. Then I came in for an in-person interview. It was divided into three parts. First I met with the Business Optimization team, and discussed my fit for the position in more detail and my future professional ambitions. Second, I met with 2 managers, who explained to me the projects the team works on and their aims, and they wanted me to pinpoint my past experiences that empower me as a strong candidate. Last part was just meeting with two other heads to discuss any final concerns, etc. Overall, great experience - more like a discussion than being grilled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AARP; Why do you want to go into consulting; How would the skills that you obtained from your past internship at --- help you in this position?   Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within 10 days for an initial phone screen. That went well, and they scheduled me to come in for an in-person interview with 2 people within the week. The in-person interview lasted about an hour and included set questions but was also conversational. I was provided with benefits information before the interview as well. Throughout the process, everyone was friendly and helpful. After the interview, I followed up with my HR contact a couple times, but never heard back about the status of my application (it's now been about a month since the interview). This greatly surprises me, as up until that point the contact was good about communicating with me. Because of this, I will think twice about applying at such an organization again.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the more stressful times in your life and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

I had a panel interview with two of the vice presidents for the department I applied to, it was very open ended with situational questions, like how I would react if something specific happened at work, or if the boss was difficult, how I would prioritize etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you knew you were right and your boss was wrong on an issue, would you confront him/her?   Answer Question