AARP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.7

Digital Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is basically a personality interview that isn't particularly well planned. They do focus on some questions about how you would address specific problems, but aren't really prepared with follow up questions or a specific style that they would like. It was all a bit disorganized several people were late to the interview at their specific times and some repeated questions that had been asked. More than anything they left me with a bad impression of professional standards and ability of the people for whom I would be working.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AARP (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with HR. They got back in touch via email and said I was one of the finalists and arranged another interview, this time with the supervisor. They provide a list of questions in advance of the supervisors call where I had to talk about various experiences and how they would benefit them. After talking with the supervisor, he said they would get back in touch. He did, via email.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest projects and how did you get the team involved?   1 Answer

Livable Communities Intern II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Walk through your resume (on phone)
    Some general talking about AARP and how I fit....
    Very casual and friendly
    Went on for about 45 minutes
    I described the projects I worked on that align with the internship requirement

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was extremely helpful, both the in-person mad phone interviews were informative and conducted in an organized manner. Interviewed with a wide range of individuals giving a broad overview of both the organization and the specific position.

Interview Questions

• All questions were relevant and straight forward   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I was first screen by a staffing agency that AARP Foundation used to fill the position. I was then called into an interview with the Program Manager of the program and the Senior Analyst. The interview took about one hour. I was given notification about a job offer less than a week later.

National Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews with a panel of reviewers made up of senior staff. The panel came with questions about all aspects of the organization. They also wanted to know what changes I would institute.

Interview Questions

• Why is this the right job for you?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

Phone interview - poorly handled by a contractor, who was nice enough but lacked many significant details about the job and didn't ask much other than the standard stuff. Plus… she told me she had also applied for this same job! Ethical conflict doesn't seem the right way to leave a good impression with your candidate pool, AARP.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen went. Panel interview. After taking my time to interview, I never heard back from anyone. I thought they would have been a little professionally (especially in HR). Given the reputation of AARP, I would have expected more!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AARP (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

A colleague of mine worked in the international office over the summer. She recommended me for the position. All I did was send my cover letter and resume over and was quickly invited to come in for an in person interview. During the interview we briefly went over resume and I offered the position on the spot. I have been working there two months and love the organization, the chance to go to the UN, and the change to write memo and plan events.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

Recruiter would call, show interest, and then no contact for weeks. Rinse and repeat. Finally, I had a video interview where I had to answer questions within two minutes. After that I had a Skype interview with a manager that lasted about 45 minutes. I received an offer the next day. Had to negotiate the final salary (which was really below expectation). AARP pays below market.