AARP Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

AARP Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Feb 26, 2017

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within 10 days for an initial phone screen. That went well, and they scheduled me to come in for an in-person interview with 2 people within the week. The in-person interview lasted about an hour and included set questions but was also conversational. I was provided with benefits information before the interview as well. Throughout the process, everyone was friendly and helpful. After the interview, I followed up with my HR contact a couple times, but never heard back about the status of my application (it's now been about a month since the interview). This greatly surprises me, as up until that point the contact was good about communicating with me. Because of this, I will think twice about applying at such an organization again.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the more stressful times in your life and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Manager of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a VP and a SVP. The interview was a one on one format. It was a very laid back interview with a lot of probing questions. The questions from the VP were very detailed and required that you pay close attention that was being said.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities of a good manager and what do you do on a daily basis to exemplify those qualities?   Answer Question

Digital Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is basically a personality interview that isn't particularly well planned. They do focus on some questions about how you would address specific problems, but aren't really prepared with follow up questions or a specific style that they would like. It was all a bit disorganized several people were late to the interview at their specific times and some repeated questions that had been asked. More than anything they left me with a bad impression of professional standards and ability of the people for whom I would be working.

Livable Communities Intern II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Walk through your resume (on phone)
    Some general talking about AARP and how I fit....
    Very casual and friendly
    Went on for about 45 minutes
    I described the projects I worked on that align with the internship requirement

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was extremely helpful, both the in-person mad phone interviews were informative and conducted in an organized manner. Interviewed with a wide range of individuals giving a broad overview of both the organization and the specific position.

Interview Questions

• All questions were relevant and straight forward   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I was first screen by a staffing agency that AARP Foundation used to fill the position. I was then called into an interview with the Program Manager of the program and the Senior Analyst. The interview took about one hour. I was given notification about a job offer less than a week later.

National Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews with a panel of reviewers made up of senior staff. The panel came with questions about all aspects of the organization. They also wanted to know what changes I would institute.

Interview Questions

• Why is this the right job for you?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen went. Panel interview. After taking my time to interview, I never heard back from anyone. I thought they would have been a little professionally (especially in HR). Given the reputation of AARP, I would have expected more!

Meeting and Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the main hiring manager. She was super nice and asks great questions. First time I ever actually enjoyed an interview. I was invited for a 4 person panel interview the very next week. It was professional but everyone was still quite pleasant. I interviewed on a Thursday and was offered the job on Friday.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle needing to push back on a directors idea or vision?   Answer Question

DC Outreach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted via email to schedule an interview time. I went to Washington DC for the interview and it was good. I was asked a couple questions from my resume and I was also given an assignment to work on and submit in 24 hours which I did. The job was offered to me three days after and I took it ofcourse! :)))

Interview Questions

• Just basically pulling out my experience from my resume and asking me to talk more on the roles I had. I was also given a task/assignment to complete within 24 hours of the interview   1 Answer