ABB Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABB Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2016

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Interview process was positive, there were some signs I may have miss read. As for the hiring process, mine and others have been riddled with slow(1-2 month) processing of starting you as a new employee. Meaning basic things you need to do your job won't be completed so you'll be walking on egg shells for a while. Then there's the matter of reimbursement. It is possible you may have a good experience with ABB however, I had a horror story and others have too. Things not being moved, things damaged, not being reimbursed, several month wait for payback, high expenses un accounted for.

Negotiation

I negotiated, they accepted, then they never followed through and reverted back to the original offer.

Other Interview Reviews for ABB

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (Mount Pleasant, PA).

Interview

Interview was standard, all the questions were the usual kind and nothing off the wall or out of the ordinary. But, after my in-person interview, which took a full afternoon, travel time, all the usual preparation, etc. I was informed a few weeks later that they promoted an internal candidate. So it turned out to be a complete waste of my time. I didn't even have experience in ABB's industry, and I'm sure I was no match for the internal employee. So I think it is irresponsible of ABB to knowingly waste my day. If anybody from HR is reading this, I hope they resolve to stop wasting candidates' time when they know full well that they'll promote an internal employee.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you worked on a team that included members from several departments, and you actively resolved a dispute or negotiation." That isn't word for word, but the question followed those lines.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Cary, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, then onsite. Similar like other companies. The onsite is a one-day interview. Talked to engineers and managers in several rounds. The interview is not tough. Some questions are related to technical area, but not that deep.

Interview Questions

• five year plan for career path   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. the offer is fair

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

the company gave a small intro session and then face to face interview was arranged by the hr team. interview was quite difficult due to domain difference. it was a tension free one.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

The overall process takes around 2 months to complete. First interview is with immediate superior and the 2nd interview is with department head and the HR. Overall the interview process is generally fine, but the HR do need to improve on the way they handle the job offering process. They have those take it or leave it attitude.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working under a lady boss   2 Answers

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager, who was supposed to be my supervisor. It was rather easy going interview. Nothing too difficult were not asked. It lasted about one hour. After two days, I got information that they wanted to hire me.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews with HR and the team you are supposed to work with. Prior to the interview you'll be given an assessment on EQ and aptitude. The overall interview session is normal, if you're well prepared, just state the numbers and facts that you've accomplished instead of saying something vague like I've accomplished this and that.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallinn (Estonia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ABB (Tallinn (Estonia)) in January 2014.

Interview

A regular interview. I was asked about my skills and past working experience, my hobbies and educational background, salary expectations, prefered way of communication, am I ready for working abroad etc. I was told about benefits and skills required for the position, possible salary. The interviewers were friendly and not agressive.

Interview Questions

• What way of communication do you prefer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much things to negotiate: you take the conditions or leave.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABB (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I got selected from a college campus interview, first technical written test was easy and passed, 2nd round with HR 1:1 was also easy... overall easy to crack

irrelevant profile

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABB (Mumbai (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

Simple. Asked Basic questions. You need have your basics strong. There are 2 rounds. One is aptitude and 2nd is technical. If you clear both, then an HR round which ask you basic questions about your self etc.

Interview Questions

• Basics of electronics and electrical. What is BJT? Can AC MCB be used for DC applications? etc..   Answer Question