ABB Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2017

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Sugar Land, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

After a quick screen by an HR person, a phone interview was set up with the hiring manager and two team leaders. The questions were the usual review of my background, experience and so on. The HR guy got back to me in less than a week to set up a site interview. The onsite interview was something of a marathon - eight half-hour interviews in a row! I spoke with team leaders, a product owner and developers. Everyone was friendly, and quite open. It was possible to get a good feel for the team and the company culture from the interview. Questions covered my experience and background - no super hard technical questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABB (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Normal Interview Process. Standard questions on my background and work history and if I knew particular functions of the job. Two separate interviews lasting approximately an hour with each person.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Software Engineer Internship through Employee referral. I got the email for scheduling interview on specific day. I Got the call on the same day on time.

Interview Questions

• Basic Testing question, Agile Methodology, and C# basic questions   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

They interviewed on the phone, then on-site interview. At that day, I had been interviewed by 2 senior engineers.The next process was engineer manager. They asked about CAD presentations, questions about experiences on Creo,Pro E. They asked if I know about 3D design

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

First interview on campus. Asked about goals.
    Second interview also was focused on interests and goals.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Sugar Land, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone with 2~3 times, and went to the onsite. In the onsite interview, they mainly focus on my resume and asked the technical question, like the var control, voltage regulation, renewable energy...I have waited for two months, no offer yet

Interview Questions

• What is the best place to implement the FACTS device in the system?   1 Answer
    • Comparing to other source, what is the difference for wind turbine?   1 Answer