ABB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABB Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB in February 2017.

Interview

By phone...spoke with an HR Rep, the Hiring Manager and the same HR Rep again. I was told that I would come in for a day of interviews at the region office and would be hearing from someone that would set up the travel and logistics. I never heard from anyone again. Very unprofessional. If ABB employees are treated with the same lack of professional courtesy, I'm glad they did not contact me.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements? This was definitely the most important consideration.   1 Answer
    • What is your knowledge of Distributed Control Systems?   1 Answer
    • Have you had any formal sales training?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (New York, NY).

Interview

Everything is going well. I chatted with the interviewer a little bit. And we talked about the content of the work and try to make an decision on the content of the project.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite course and project?
      What is related experience?
      Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (Miramar, FL).

Interview

Two in-person interviews. The first was with a local director in person as well as the group vice president via a teleconference. The second interviews was in person with the group vice president and another group vice president. Both of them asked very good questions. The interview lasted one hour and fifteen minutes.

Systems Test Engineer, Wireless Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

phone call from HR and Manager before onsite. Just to know about me and went through my resume and telling about the the company and job description. Very friendly and detailed. There was no delay.

Interview Questions

• onisite : 1st round Basic python scripting. 2 coding question,, Test case, SQL,(RDBMS), UI testing (Which idint know selenium). 2nd round: All basic network protocols, and some senario based questions. interviewer was good.   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABB (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview with HR, behaivoral questions and general revisiónof my CV. After two Weeks I had an interwiew with the manager ownwer of the posición. Was about tecnical issues.
    Device Info: iPad3, iOS 9.300000
    SWRVE: 26637fe4354ce86fa58d60b7ae6696e4

Junior SAP Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I received a message through LinkedIn from a direct recruiter of ABB. I responded and gave him my phone number where he called me. Later that same day after speaking he asked if He could arrange a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I agreed to. The communication flow between the recruiter and I was amazing, he was very attentive. The hiring manager ended up contacting me while I was on vacation but was very nice about it and was very apologetic not knowing I was in Las Vegas having fun! Anyways, so as the phone conversation went on, I was originally being interviewed for a Senior position but during the call with the hiring manager, we both agreed that I was more at a junior level and that he is requesting internally to have this position open for employment. I waited about 2 weeks and received a call from the recruiter again asking me to apply to the newly opened junior position which I did... Things went so smoothly from that point on. Kudos to the recruiting team! I was contacted by the account manager who basically made my face to face interview schedule go even smoother. I did meet with the manager I spoke with on the phone. Very good interview. Because his manager was not available at that time I met with the HR manager as well. That same day I was given a call after that interview that they would like me to come in and meet the main supervisor for that group as soon as possible. I did go back in a couple of days later and met with the supervisor and another business partner that I would be working with directly if given this position. That interview also went very well. I was very pleased with the entirety of this process and was very welcomed. However a week had passed and I heard nothing... I contacted the HR account manager and was very sincere and apologetic for the delay... I waited another 2 weeks and finally heard from them that they moved on with another candidate. Al though I was sad about the news, the account manager as well as the recruiter gave me very positive feedback and said that they will ensure I am first pick for another position should it open up and if I am still interested and available. They asked that I keep in contact with them through LinkedIn and they would check in with me to see what my employment status is ... What a wonderful group of people and very precise and dedicated. This is a company I would certainly be honored to work for. Kudos to all that I came in contact with here at ABB.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize knowing you have multiple SAP projects and a few business partners hounding you down to get their project done first?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I am confident that my research and engineering knowledge and expertise will prove valuable to your organization and I hope that I will get the opportunity to discuss them in person with your hiring team. I thank you in advance for your time and consideration and I look forward to receiving your reply.

Manufacturing Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Jefferson City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

First they did a phone screening interview during which I interviewed with one of their recruiters for about 45 mins. Then I did a second interview on the phone with the IT manager for almost an hour. He asked general questions, not too technical. I was then invited for an in-person interview. I interviewed with 4 groups of two people. The interview went took about 4 hours! It was very technical. They were asking questions related to their local systems as if I already used their systems on a day-to-day basis. After all that, I waited almost 3 weeks and reached out to them. They said they were "leaning towards another candidate". After another maybe two weeks I got an email saying they withdrew the position and did not hire anyone. It was a huge waste of my time!

Interview Questions

• What is the most complex thing you have done with a database system?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Mount Pleasant, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

on-phone brief interview with basic "get to know you" questions
    Went in for on-site interview. extensive situational questions
    Never heard back within the 4 week window. I reached out to contact the interviewer but he never emailed me back. very dissapointed with how the process was handled.
    Overall semi-hard interview

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a co-worker who did not see eye to eye with you?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABB (Cookeville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

There were two interviewers, they asked a lot of questions in 30 mins. I felt confident about the answers i gave them but i wasn't picked. you have to be prepared to go for this interview. they ask questions based on school work.