ABB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.9

115 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABB in September 2017.

Interview

I gave them my resume at a career fair. I received a callback and interviewed the next day. It was a behavioral Interview only, and there were two interviewers. The interview lasted 30 minutes.

HSE Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Applied online . First contact and phone interview 6 weeks later by member of corporate HR. Second phone interview one week after that with supervisor to the open position. First face-to-face interview at plant after two more weeks (4 hours long including plant tour and three different group/panel interview sessions). Final phone interview with national director of this particular department the following week. Checked in via email once after some extended radio silence. Received rejection via phone call 9 weeks after final interview.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB in July 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview but then nothing for months , despite numerous requests of update and phone calls , claimed they are now sourcing the HR externally so the process is very slow 3 months?

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I, first, met ABB at a career fair where they told me to apply online. About four months later, I received an email for video on-demand interview where the questions are presented and I would record my answers on video at my convenience. Almost two weeks later, I received a phone call for on-site interview. That was when I realized the website is a fake representation of the company. The on-site interview included a presentation (45 minute presentation, 15 minute questions). They kept interrupting me during my talk. I don't have problems with it, but I found it rude. One person in audience acted like a know-it-all which I thought was testing my reaction to being intimidated. Next stop was the VP who could not be more discouraging when he said the company almost bankrupted few years back and is still on the way to get back on track. He didn't have an idea about the company's five year plan and thought technology was a hype. The rest of the interview team made me feel comfortable, but my overall feeling about the company degraded in the first two hours of the interview. Questions from the team were mostly about my background and some few behavioral questions. The moment I was done, I knew it didn't feel right. Though the hiring manager said they'd let me know in two weeks, they never responded to any of my thank you/follow up emails until I made a phone call and left a message. All in all, disappointing and unreal especially if you get your background from their shiny website!

Interview Questions

• If we gave you a start-up money what would you do with that?   Answer Question

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after a few days they called me for an on-site interview. I interviewed with the team I would be working with. They asked me simple technical questions and were very helpful.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to show them how to create a virtual machine   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB in February 2017.

Interview

By phone...spoke with an HR Rep, the Hiring Manager and the same HR Rep again. I was told that I would come in for a day of interviews at the region office and would be hearing from someone that would set up the travel and logistics. I never heard from anyone again. Very unprofessional. If ABB employees are treated with the same lack of professional courtesy, I'm glad they did not contact me.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements? This was definitely the most important consideration.   1 Answer
    • What is your knowledge of Distributed Control Systems?   1 Answer
    • Have you had any formal sales training?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (New York, NY).

Interview

Everything is going well. I chatted with the interviewer a little bit. And we talked about the content of the work and try to make an decision on the content of the project.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite course and project?
      What is related experience?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (Miramar, FL).

Interview

Two in-person interviews. The first was with a local director in person as well as the group vice president via a teleconference. The second interviews was in person with the group vice president and another group vice president. Both of them asked very good questions. The interview lasted one hour and fifteen minutes.

Systems Test Engineer, Wireless Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

phone call from HR and Manager before onsite. Just to know about me and went through my resume and telling about the the company and job description. Very friendly and detailed. There was no delay.

Interview Questions

• onisite : 1st round Basic python scripting. 2 coding question,, Test case, SQL,(RDBMS), UI testing (Which idint know selenium). 2nd round: All basic network protocols, and some senario based questions. interviewer was good.   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABB (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview with HR, behaivoral questions and general revisiónof my CV. After two Weeks I had an interwiew with the manager ownwer of the posición. Was about tecnical issues.
    Device Info: iPad3, iOS 9.300000