ABB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

443 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ABB (Houston, TX).

Interview

From first HR interview and the final offer, it took three months. Two senior engineers had second interview with me, they asked something based on the resume and Ph.D dissertation project. The hiring manager interviewed me on the third round, asking very technical questions, such as the power flow algorithm, optimization, machine learning. Then comes the on-site interview which took a whole day including my 30 mins presentation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB in September 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then a face to face panel with 4 people. Each will ask several behavior situation questions and want situation, action, and then result told in detail

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABB in September 2017.

Interview

I gave them my resume at a career fair. I received a callback and interviewed the next day. It was a behavioral Interview only, and there were two interviewers. The interview lasted 30 minutes.

HSE Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Applied online . First contact and phone interview 6 weeks later by member of corporate HR. Second phone interview one week after that with supervisor to the open position. First face-to-face interview at plant after two more weeks (4 hours long including plant tour and three different group/panel interview sessions). Final phone interview with national director of this particular department the following week. Checked in via email once after some extended radio silence. Received rejection via phone call 9 weeks after final interview.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB in July 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview but then nothing for months , despite numerous requests of update and phone calls , claimed they are now sourcing the HR externally so the process is very slow 3 months?

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I, first, met ABB at a career fair where they told me to apply online. About four months later, I received an email for video on-demand interview where the questions are presented and I would record my answers on video at my convenience. Almost two weeks later, I received a phone call for on-site interview. That was when I realized the website is a fake representation of the company. The on-site interview included a presentation (45 minute presentation, 15 minute questions). They kept interrupting me during my talk. I don't have problems with it, but I found it rude. One person in audience acted like a know-it-all which I thought was testing my reaction to being intimidated. Next stop was the VP who could not be more discouraging when he said the company almost bankrupted few years back and is still on the way to get back on track. He didn't have an idea about the company's five year plan and thought technology was a hype. The rest of the interview team made me feel comfortable, but my overall feeling about the company degraded in the first two hours of the interview. Questions from the team were mostly about my background and some few behavioral questions. The moment I was done, I knew it didn't feel right. Though the hiring manager said they'd let me know in two weeks, they never responded to any of my thank you/follow up emails until I made a phone call and left a message. All in all, disappointing and unreal especially if you get your background from their shiny website!

Interview Questions

• If we gave you a start-up money what would you do with that?   Answer Question

Support Function Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ABB in May 2017.

Interview

Throughout recruitment process, felt like a number. wasn't really recruited at all, even though they were trying to recruit me away from my current employer. In the end, I withdrew my candidacy for the position. If their recruitment process is anything like their workplace, I'll pass. Feel like I dodged a bullet.

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after a few days they called me for an on-site interview. I interviewed with the team I would be working with. They asked me simple technical questions and were very helpful.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to show them how to create a virtual machine   Answer Question

Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABB (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

Used schools career website. Three phone interviews followed by an on-site panel interview. Very spaced apart with no idea if moving forward. Over a month after the onsite interview to hear offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

One phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The in-person interview was good overall, I was interviewed by 5 people. They initially did not extend me an offer, however they emailed me after rejecting me and then extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• If I could build a power source, what would I pick?   1 Answer