ABB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABB Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.9

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Technical; behavioral and lot of Java questions
    Group interview- all technical leads were present and it was pure technical and little bit of behavioral questions
    Plus be prepared for more Java and C#

Manufacturing Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Jefferson City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

First they did a phone screening interview during which I interviewed with one of their recruiters for about 45 mins. Then I did a second interview on the phone with the IT manager for almost an hour. He asked general questions, not too technical. I was then invited for an in-person interview. I interviewed with 4 groups of two people. The interview went took about 4 hours! It was very technical. They were asking questions related to their local systems as if I already used their systems on a day-to-day basis. After all that, I waited almost 3 weeks and reached out to them. They said they were "leaning towards another candidate". After another maybe two weeks I got an email saying they withdrew the position and did not hire anyone. It was a huge waste of my time!

Interview Questions

• What is the most complex thing you have done with a database system?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABB (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Old fashioned aggressive and negative. Too much focus on old school questions trying to undermine a person instead of understanding what an individual can really contributed
    Came away not wanting to work for the company even though I received an offer

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABB (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

Shortlisted and CALLED FOR INTERVIEW
    - It was completely technical. Started with presentation I made then followed by ques and Ans round.
    - Business Unit people also participated and asked many question followed by HR round.
    - Intrvw lasted for 2 Hour 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• Question on Extra curricular backgrounf + Technical skills   Answer Question

The salary was too low for Bangalore.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ABB (Lake Mary, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by the former PM manager and his boss the Marketing Director.
    PM was there just of the ride and all questions were handled by the Marketing Director. He was very knowledgeable about ABB products, contract terms, and procedures but had very little knowledge of project management. He was very hostile in his interview approach came across as challenging my credentials and experience even though they had been already verified. All his questions were more in the subject of contract negotiation, and actual systems design than in Project management skills.

Interview Questions

• When he asked me to define for him liquidated damages, back charges, and several other contract terms.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase since this was a contract position for six months which was extended another two.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

Telephonic Interview - Shortlisting For 1 day Recruitment process

company presentation - Technical test - Aptitude test - Technical Intervies - Group Discussion - HR Interview/ Negotiation - Offer given

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Slow Process. Can take up to 2 months. When you are called in for an interview, it will be scheduled as a block of time. You can interview with 5-6 people including HR, co-workers, and multiple layers of Management. Expect to stay for 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with working in a multi-cultural/national company?   Answer Question

C I Leader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB in December 2017.

Interview

Un premier appel au niveau RH pour filtrer les principales compétences et la motivation. Puis un second entretien deux semaines plus tard avec le Directeur du programme d'Amélioration continue. En attente du retour de ce second entretien.

Interview Questions

• 5 questions portant sur les realisations, expériences et comportement ; l'aspect technique était secondaire. Entretien difficile mais très enrichissant, ce qui renforce l'intérêt pour le poste proposé.   Answer Question

Dualer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ABB (Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)) in November 2017.

Interview

Eventuell folgt im Anschluss tatsächlich die Frage “Wie würden Sie sich selbst beschreiben?”.
    Die Frage „Wie würden Ihre Freunde Sie beschreiben?“ wird gerne eingesetzt, um mehr über dich und deine Arbeitsweise zu erfahren.

Interview Questions

• Wie würden Ihre Freunde Sie beschreiben?   1 Answer

Vertrieb Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Das Telefoninterview war ziemlich stressfrei. Dauer ca 1h. Dafür war aber das erste Gespräch umso schwieriger. Der HR-Partner bringt einen bis an seine Grenzen. Der Vorgesetzte hält sich hier zurück. Dauer ca 2h. Das dritte Gespräch war widerum sehr entspannt. Hier sitzt dann neben dem Vorgesetzten noch zusätzlich sein Chef. Dauer ca 2h.